Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WPC @ Merrion - Bad News

Options
  • 21-06-2004 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who thought there would be a chance to take on Phil Helmuth or Devilfish...the Super Satellites are 150 euro and there now will be NO single table satellites feeding the Super Satellite tables...:(

I guess I'm watching the footie and then going home...bah! wanted to play tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Just noticed that the Merrion have a €500 event as part of the festival on Thursday, the same night as the big game in The Fitz. Don't think their will be many playing in The Fitz that night, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Easier to win but lower prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Sky are recording the WPC at the Merrion btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

yeah dropped in tonight to see what the story was with the STS's. they were saying that the interest wasn't high enough to run them. Ah well, would have been interesting.

BTW Ken, you using your bankroll for the buy-in? what with the unholy luck and all? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I may pop in, were gonna be meeting the guy from the gaming club about certain proposals and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Nah I'm already playing in the €250 tournament in the Fitz on Thursday. Though if I win that one.....................:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

they're running satellites all week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

I don't think anybody expressed an interest in single table satellites for the super satellite so the club didn't organise anything. A lot of the regulars have won 150 Euro vouchers over the last couple of months so there has been no problem getting players (about 4 tables last night). There are not that many more tickets left (there was only one going last light + 1100 for the top 4)

I used the first of my 2 vouchers in the satellite last night. You would be amazed at the amount of money some of the people were spending on rebuys. Quite a few of the top american guys were playing. I saw one guy drop about 750 Euro. It is quite a fast tournament. You only start with 1000 chips with antes at 25/50 so it is the same as no-limit after the flop. You need to win big early or rebuy to survive.

I managed to get to 10th place when my pocket Jacks were beaten by AQ (he rivered a Q ffs). The ticket was shared by 2 regulars (Vera and ?) They were discussing a deal when I left - not sure exactly what the details were but it involved one player playing and the other owning x%)

I'm gonna use my second voucher tonight - kick off 8PM

Advertisement