Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postal service questionnaire - earn gifts

• 21-06-2004 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Mods if you think this's the incorrect forum please move, I checked with 2 other mods that sugested posting it here.

first off this is Not a scam!! It is an international survey being carried out on postal services :

"Quality measurement of international postal services
    - Improving postal services

Help us improve the postal services and receive gifts of your own choice!
    ... all you need is daily access to the internet and 5 minutes 4-5 days a week.

IPC (International Post Corporation) has awarded IBM the task of measuring the quality of the postal services in 36 countries around the world.

We need you to help us send and receive test letters and register the date of posting or reception on the internet.

At least once a month you will receive a gift. You can freely choose between CDs, DVDs, books, etc.

Get other people to help us and receive even more gifts."

My role...

... as a sender means:
    ... receiving prefabricated test letters to post each week
    ... post test letters up to four times each week
    ... report posting date and time on the internet

... as a receiver means:
    ... receiving 3-10 test letters each week in your regular mail
    ... note date of receipt on each test letter
    ... report received date on the internet
    ... return test letters once a week in pre-fabricated, franked envelopes

More information - What is UNEX?

IBM has been awarded by IPC* to run an independent quality measurement system of international first class letters service between 36 different countries from time of posting to delivery - UNEX.

The UNEX system serves multiple objectives:

Gives an objective and independent measurement of delivery time
    Gives operational data to enable the Postal Operators to take action to improve/upgrade their quality of service
    Gives data used for cross border pricing agreements

The UNEX results are also used individually by each user for various marketing or sales purposes, or even for personal incentive management purposes and in Europe, final results are published to the consumers and regulators.

If you are interested in registering let me know with a PM, as a referee I also get a gift, after you can refer more people yourself and get gifts, I would need your name e-mail address (if you are not happy you can register a new address with yahoo or Hotmail) also send me Postal code or City if outside Dublin so I can complete the initial registration for you, if you prefer to register yourself send me a PM and I will send you the Url and instructions on how to register so I can get my gifts.

Once registered they will send you a mail from IBM to confirm that you want to particpate and at a later date they will ask you for your address details if they were not complete on the initial registration.

It's not only Ireland, they are doing the survey in 36 countries so if you are outside Ireland or you want to refer someone outside Ireland let me know the country and I will check if your country is listed.

The gifts are vouchers for Amazon and other online sites.

Here are the 2003 results.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

intresting.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi agent smith

if you like to take part let me know and I will send you the info.

I already send the info to a few people today.

Thanks

Hi

Just to let you know that the web page for registration was updated today, I would only need your name and e-mail address.

P.S. They are starting on the 1st of july the new phase.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

It seems like only one section of that website is working. Check your PMs nava.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been trying to register but the page isn't loading and times out. anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yup, seems to happen to me too dudara

Yeah, I've been getting that all night too. Seems a bit odd tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

can you give an example of the gifts you have gotten ?

If you have already entered your details under register a friend you don't need to do anything else. Unex will contact you via email. The site is a bit slow as thousands are logging on now to register as it all kicks off in the next couple of weeks and is a worldwide survey. I've emailed them to tell them about the timing out problems. PM me if you want me to register and I'll give you my details as if you refer someone you get a reward. Thanks.

It hasn't started yet!! But it seems to be vouchers for Amazon. Have emailed them for more info on the vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

People still post letters these days? :confused:
    How quaint! :p

I was just able to register with the site, so they're back up.

Originally posted by dudara
    I was just able to register with the site, so they're back up.

Did you get any e-mail yet? I registered a few hours ago, but I still haven't gotten anything.

no, nothing yet, but I'll give them a while

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

How do i register and sign up for it?

Hi All

I send a few questions to the Unex team and you can see the responses below.

Hi

Thank you for your email.

The system has been running a bit unstable due to server problems. We are
    working at it and hope to have it solved soon.

You will receive a voucher per tip if the person is registered as a
    participant.
    When you participate the vouchers will run as a bonus system. You get
    points when you log on to the system, when you report the test letters etc.
    We expect that the average will be equivalent of a CD's worth per month.

You will be able to accumulate the vouchers and add them up for a bigger
    buy.

One of the first coming days you will receive an email containing your
    pasword and information on the training materiel.

Best Regards,

The UNEX team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by nava
    first off this is Not a scam!! It is an international survey being carried out on postal services :
    Sounds like a great way to pick up e-mail addresses for spam though.

Originally posted by Victor
    Sounds like a great way to pick up e-mail addresses for spam though.

Good thing I made up an e-mail address specifically for it then... It does seem a bit dodgy tbh.

Hi Victor

As you can see from the 1st post, I do have
    (if you are not happy you can register a new address with yahoo or Hotmail)
    because I'm aware that some people are not happy with giving their e-mail address, if they were to start getting spam they can just forget about the e-mail address.

I also give users 2 options to send me the e-mail address and name or to send me a PM and I will respond with the details on how to proceed.
    If you are interested in registering let me know with a PM, as a referee I also get a gift, after you can refer more people yourself and get gifts, I would need your name e-mail address (if you are not happy you can register a new address with yahoo or Hotmail) also send me Postal code or City if outside Dublin so I can complete the initial registration for you, if you prefer to register yourself send me a PM and I will send you the Url and instructions on how to register so I can get my gifts.

For users that had already registered they do have the e-mail address in IBM to contact them with any questions they might have.

Also to let you know that they are sending out user name and passwords, a friend of mine got his last Friday and I got mine today (we submitted the registration about a month ago).

Regarding the recommendation, I was just looking at the UNEX website and they have the quote below on the left hand side.
    Recommend a participant and gain a gift certificate worth € 15! (€ 30 for two participants, € 45 for three…)
    You will be rewarded once the person has signed up and finalised the training program.

So Start recommending people, is a good deal.

Regards

Advertisement