Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First timer advice

• 22-06-2004 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've never gotten a tattoo or a piercing before but ive been looking for ages for a design i might like to get tattooed. Finally i found this when i was lookin through my dvd collection:

6305949980.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The design is the thing on the top that kinda looks like a face. Now i dont want it done exactly like that. I want it a little less detailed (less little offshoots from the lines) but a little more intricate (more crossing over of the lines that are actually on it). Also a little less spiky and more rounded off.

Another thing was i want the lines to be thicker, but only the very edges of the lines be blackand the inside of the lines be left blank so that its more just an outline and you can see where the lines cross over.

Confusing i know but i wanna get that tattooed on my arm, just above where my work shirt will cover it up....

Anyways now that yis might have some sort of idea of what im on about has anyone got any advice on how much this might cost, where to go where they'd be helpful enough to assist me in designing it fully and somewhere that wouldnt be for you more "hardcore" tattoo enthusiasts.

Also some constructive critisism would help, ya know? A little outside opinion never hurt...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I really like that, I can see why you don't want the edges as jagged as the are in the original - people would think your tattooist had the shakes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Hell_en_earth

Well I would recommend Wild eagles off mary st or celestial ring in stephen's green s/c, They will mess around with the idea until they get to what you kinda want. But i would do a sketch of it and kinda of change it and then bring it in don't worry if your not a brilliant artist they will change it around and draw it out themselves before tattooing. As for the price it would depend on size amount of colour and amount of detail. They will quote you a price when you make an appointment!

It looks pretty cool! Good luck with it!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I'd recommend 'Atattooed' out in Bray - Paul has done a few tattoos now based on Tim Burton's 'Nightmare Before Christmas' & they're fantastic looking..... was half thinking of asking him to do a 'jack o lantern' on me in the near future....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

would also recomend paul in attatooed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

went with a friend to miss fantasia to get a tattoo on the sole of her foot (surprisingly painless) cant remember the guys name, he was welsh and very good. they had a good chat about what she wanted, and he did some sketches for her.

he may not work there anymore though, twas a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'd recommend Wild Eagle off mary street too, he designed a tattoo for a freind and it looks great.

Advertisement