Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving Sound Files to HD

Options
  • 22-06-2004 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    Not at all sure is this the right place to post this question , basicaly I'm just looking to save the Gift Grub sound files to my desktop so I can put them on to my MP3 player and let me mates (Without decent Internet access) listen to them . Can this be done and if so how ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

right click

"save target as"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Not quite as easy as that cause when I do and try to play it back I get a message saying "One or more codecs required to play this media could not be found on the codec server"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

What format are the files in on the website i.e. what extension do they have? Presumably, it's not .mp3, since you're having difficulty.

It sounds like you're going to have to convert them from whatever they are to MP3 format, which may or may not be difficult, and will require conversion software of some sort. Post the extension, and we'll see where we go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

get something sort of recorder and configure it to record your wave output .

then listen to the link as you are recording.

i use super mp3 recorder or just use the sound recorder if there not to long.

:ninja: i might be reading this all wrong but that's what i'd do:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Get yourself a free copy of "CD-DA Extractor 6" from download.com and once installed you can convert the .wma files to .mp3 or .wav or for that matter any sound file type that you want.

Just as an aside, if you look at the end of the Gift Grub page it states that you will need to download "Windows Media Player 9" series to listen to the downloaded files which they have kindly provided a link for.

B.

• Advertisement
Advertisement