Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eq II

Options
  • 22-06-2004 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Just watched the various vids on both gamespy and the offical site and damm this game is looking sweet :)

Basics are....
    16 race's
    48 class's
    mounts
    player housing
    trade skills
    high end loot for mobs :D
    no pvp! this is a pve only game
    In game speeh! Quest givers tell you what the quest is.
    Amazing gfk. The shot in the forrest with deer grazing is a real "WOW" moment.

Seems any races can be any class. No race or class penilities. Only downside is that you stick with the class you pick so if you want to change class's you need to restart :( Still I guess this will make the class's more balanced and rule out the FoTM uber templates that has ****ed SWG over.

Somehow iv a feeling I'll be playing this by the end of the year lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

No! Be strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Same name, same game.

Just try WOW, if that is **** just don't bother with MMORPG's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Jak
    Same name, same game.

Just try WOW, if that is **** just don't bother with MMORPG's.

WOW's gfk are a bit to cartoony for my taste tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

As with some of my previous MMORPGs getting into EQ 2 beta (fingers crossed) will help me make my mind up. The cartoony graphics of WOW don't bother me but it's running a little behind EQ 2 with regard to release. However with EQ 2 supplying beta to the rest of the world several months before WOW, I can see myself jumping on board EQ 2 first.

IMHO people like me hanging around for a decent fantasy MMORPG will jump on board the first one that appears, especially if we'll be waiting several months for the next one. Fortunately I don't have anything against SOE to bias my opinion. Secondly, I've always wanted to try Evercrack.

Must be early, far too repetitious.

Sarn all I can say is EQ 1 kept me entertained for the best part of 3 years and I had a blast in it. Great quests and an insane amount of them, a constant challenge and a million things to do every time you log in. While there were alot of flaws and problems, EQ was the first 3d mmorpg and is still one of the better ones.

I would of be happy as a pig in ****é if they had of kept the basic gameplay and just upgraded the gfk to the SWG standard. They didnt, they look to have gone well beyond SWG in gfx and ideas and kept all the good stuff from EQ 1 and added lots more. Time as they say will tell but seeing the latest pics and vids about EQ2 has cheered me up alot after the rotten news of warhammeronline going bang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Zoning into Freeport...
    kill rat x 20
    Ding!

I can't talk I suppose :)

Originally posted by Regi
    Zoning into Freeport...
    kill rat x 20
    Ding!

I can't talk I suppose :)

True statement.

But can you name any game that dosent make you kill the same stuff over and over to level up?

PS if it took you 20 rats to ding all I can say is .......

YoU SuCk NoOb :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

I haven't been this excited since pre-launch Everquest, back in the days of Meridian59, all us noobs fighting over who gets the next skeleton pop in Nektulos Forest and the sheer terror when someone shouts"GIANT" in West Commonlands or my first "planes" trip, some class moments in EQ. Then again I may only stick it out for a month like every other MMO since.
    I like the sound of WOW, but like Venom said, the characters look too cartoonish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Wait, War hammer online has been cancelled?!

Ah, say it isnt so :(

I think I too will be trying out EQ2. I always wanted to get into everquest and if this second incarnation is as good as I hear Everquest was I'll be playing it for a bit.

That said, no PvP?

Whats the point then? :dunno:

Has PvP been completely ruled out?, maybe they'll realease some PvP servers like the original EQ.
    I've just reinstalled EQ + expansions, just to see if the magic is still there, feck it for the price of a few pints, I'll try it out again for a month or so....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

I lost interest in EQ2 after i found out Druids can kite anymore, all speed buffs are disabled when in combat mode, its just not right, only joking, cant wait, still WoW looks better

Woohoo got my EQ2 beta invite today. Finally, looks like they managed to beat WOW for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Venom wrote:
    But can you name any game that dosent make you kill the same stuff over and over to level up?

Neocron. But then you have to know what you are doing. But it is possible to level up without doing anything. I guess that is the same for all MMORPG's.

Although NC is more about fighting then powerlevelling (may of changed their mind in NC2 though).

Sarn wrote:
    Woohoo got my EQ2 beta invite today. Finally, looks like they managed to beat WOW for me.

Did you manage to register your beta key? It seems most if not all European beta testers have recieved bad keys for some reason or another

No, the key is invalid at the moment. I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer (and my new lappy should be here by then :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

no PvP of any kind...

no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

I got my beta invite for EQ2. All the keys kept coming up as invalid when you tried to register but that problem has been sorted now.

The funny thing is I never applied for a beta test !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

No PvP = teh suxor !

afaik there will be some pvp servers though.

btw daoc 4tehwin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

did anyone else get into the european beta for EQ2, they were supposed to start sending them out this week :eek:

Advertisement