Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City max res question

Options
  • 22-06-2004 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just installed Vice City last night, and began a new game running in max res, something like 1200 x 1064 x 32, looked glorious BUT every minute or so while driving the screen just freezed for a half sec, before continuing on as before. I would have thought that with my (semi) new system, I would not have had any problem running this thing in max res. Particularly since I run KOTOR in max res without any problems. Any ideas? System is not overclocked, I don't know a whole lot about overclocking, but my mobo offers the ability to overclock via the BIOS by 1%, 3%, 5%, 7%, and 10%.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

For me, switching between the radio channels causes it to pause. Could be your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That should only be happening if you haven't installed the radio stations to your hard disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Have you installed the Vice City patches. I think I remeber them releasing a Performance Patch, should improve things some what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Haven't got internet right now (just moved into apartment) but broadband is ordered - will download patch when its in. Thanks for the advice, should've thought of that!
    Radio stations are installed so it isn't that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I found turning off Anti-aliasing in the properties of my graphics card enormously helpful. And turning off those trails in the game itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try turning the frame limiter on...
    i doubt the patch will do anything for you, afaik it was only released to fix graphic corruption on geforce fx 5700 cards.

i can run it perfectly on my pc (raddy 9600) at 1024x768 with everything maxed out in the graphics card properties, while KOTOR crawls on anything over 800x600 and medium details

Advertisement