Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deco + his diving

• 22-06-2004 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Watching this **** thru the champs league with Porto and now in Euro 2004 with Portugal is pretty terrible viewing. Everytime someone goes next or near him he falls to the ground like hes been shot and the terrible thing is he get free kicks every time. Its actually so bad its putting me off the game of soccer, so bad I hope that England beat Portugal, just so Diveo Dec will be out of the competition ! Its that bad :O !!!

Now I know that hes not the only diver out there but he takes it to new unacceptable levels - even for internationals !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

while i have watched him play against Spain and seen him in a previous match, i do not think all the times of him going down was diving, maybe 10% or 20% of the times he went down were diving, i don't know. the man is small and not near as big or strong as some of the other Euro 2004 players, so when they come charging at him, all it takes is a small touch or two to the guy and he's on the ground simply because he's not as big or strong as most other players who use much stronger force to get the ball.

that's my view on the matter anyhow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Damien Duff is just as bad and he won't stop any time soon now that Mourinho is his coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

There's been quite a bit of diving in Euro 2004 but Deco seems to be doing it all the time, it was very noticable in last seasons CL too. He does the card brandishing bit too much as well, really annoys me that does.

Be interesting to see if he continues to do it if/when he joins Chelsea next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Deco does dive a bit but what he does an awful lot is invite contact then go down relatively easily. A lot of the time they are free kicks even if they they are soft ones he won deliberately.

I don't particularly like it but he's very good at it. The funny thing that he'd probably be better served by passing the ball to someone a lot of the time.

Advertisement