Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

memo's and articles

Options
  • 22-06-2004 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I was wondering if there was anywhere online where i can get a template for memorandum and articles of association. i've been to the cro.ie, irishstatues.ie, basis, law society etc, but i cant find a basic template where you just fill in the blanks and remove regulations not necessary.
    It is table a part 1 and table b requirement, ie. limited to shares.
    Any help would be fantastic
    deegs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Are you doing the company formation yourself? If not then whoever is doing the formation will provide these for you. If you do them yourself you're probably going to have to have a solicitor look over them anyway....I just wouldn't waste my time on such things.

In my opinion it is sensible to get someone else to do the formation for you, it's neat and simple and it all just happens without bogging you down in stuff you don't need to get bogged down in. If your reasons for not doing this are that you're doing this to save money then I'd have to reply maybe if you can't afford this basic service perhaps you shouldn't be setting up a company. Not being hyper-critical or anything but the cost of a company formation is nothing in comparison to the cost of running a company. One of the commonest reasons for company failures is under-capitalisation, you need money, even just to exist as a limited company. If you have money issues perhaps you'd be better off starting as a sole trader then incorporating later when you have more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

hi specky,
    Ya excellent advice and very true. I am indeed trying to save money
    I am creating a business, well 3 actually so i was hoping i could do it all together myself- as i would be a bit miffed to spend 3 €300 on formations when the legal documents are very similiar. and yes i do need 3 seperate entities with 3 groups of partners and 3 solicitors and 3 accountants.
    But your absolutely right anything i do, contracts, partnership agreements, any legal documents would be checked over by my solicitor including memo's and articles, but its looking like i cant find templates so i may have to get it formed. can anyone reccomend a good formation agent(as this is cheaper and faster than a professional).

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

I'd suspect whoever you choose to do the formation will do you a deal for three companies, although you say they're three completely seperate entities there must be some duplication if you're involved in all three. Anyway, ask for a discount for the three, I'm sure they'll do something for you.

I've used the company formations company down on Duke Street (not the one above the adult book shop, the one opposite over the chinese restaurant) on (coincidentally) three seperate occasions now and they work just fine, wouldn't know if they're the cheapest though, they just work and I go there because I've been there before. I think the company is called "Company Formations" but I'd have to look it up.

Advertisement