Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone out there have any tips for applied maths Exam?

Options
  • 22-06-2004 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Please anything at all would help i definitely think the wedge will come up in Question 4.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Well, just look back through the papers. The same stuff comes up year after year. Just concentrate on the questions you normally do (Eg. 1,2,3,4,5,10) and have a qucik look over the others just incase you're stuck. Learn the theorems in Q8, at least then you can fall back on them and get 20 marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

between now and friday afternoon, do 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 and you'll be sorted. THats my plan anyway, but i'm starting ffrom 1997, and skipping 98 and 99 :p

I'm going to start on 1993 in about an hour, then tomorrow will be 2004 (mock), 2003 and 1984. Thursday will be 2002,2001 and just running through papers, not doing them but just looking at what came up, thinking about them for a minute or two. Read over the book for a few hours, concentrate on Q8 theorems and any kind of formulas I wouldn't be very familiar with (perpindicular landing angle, all that kind of thing). If you don't have solutions to the papers, then don't bother doing them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Where did you get pre-89 papers? I'd love to get my hands on some, it's a pain going through the papers for questions I haven't done already.

Well I've got a pretty decent teacher - he's given us all the papers and solutions back to 1979. We've done them all in class, and I've got the papers lying around the place, but I realy don't have the time to go scanning them in right now, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Well, I'd say Question 1 will be on Linear Motion, Question 2 on Relative Velocity, Question 3 on Projectiles, Question 4 on Newton's Laws...

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Well I've got a pretty decent teacher - he's given us all the papers and solutions back to 1979. We've done them all in class, and I've got the papers lying around the place, but I realy don't have the time to go scanning them in right now, sorry.
    Ah but the question is Friday afternooner or Saturday morninger?

Originally posted by penguincakes
    Ah but the question is Friday afternooner or Saturday morninger?

Interesting/Confusing question there PenguinCakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Oh doesn't matter then, thought you were in the institute, you'd understand if you were... (I hope)

Nah, I'm in a lowly catholic school. No fancy institute for us weshteners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement