Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can some one point me in the relative direction?

• 22-06-2004 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I bought Comalies by Lacuna Coil in the sound celler.

I have been on a breif absence from listening to metal for a while, but I have to say I really enjoy this album and IMO its exceptional. Its deffinatly restored my faith in the heavier side of music.

Can anyone else sudgest a group that have a similar sound to the new Lacuna Coil? Their previous albums were good, but this is like the album I have been waiting for some one to realease.

Thanks in advance for any sudgestions...

Hanza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't think I can really recommend anything in a similar vein bar that dreadfull Lacuna Coil rip off band Evanesnece... I could mention a few bands with female vocals, but there's no garuantee that they'd be quite what you're looking for.

Nightwish
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Without Face (They've the dual Male/Female vocals similar to Lacuna Coil, but they're a far more progressive band)
    Madder Mortem

Try those, and see what you think, but I'd say you probably wouldn't find much that's similar to Lacuna Coil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Yesterday I bought Comalies by Lacuna Coil in the sound celler.

me TOO !!!!!!! well 3 days ago .

Mandor Scream or something./....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Thanks.
    Its not the female singing that gets me, its the opratic keyboards and the powerful riffs. Granted, yer wan, Christina Scabbica is an amazing singer, but its more the music Im looking for.

Ive haerd Nightwish and The Gathering (smiles at Evanesence with look of fresh poo), and Im gonna cheak out Within Temptation, Without Face, Madder Mortem and
    Mandor Scream.

Cheers 4 de advice.
    Hanza

Sorry i ment Mandora Scream(not sure of spelling), i think my friend told me to check them and Lacuna Coil out,
    I personally also like Queen Adreena.

As for Evanescence, i think they are quite good,
    check out "lies".

also are you from dunshaughlin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

also are you from dunshaughlin ?
    Yeah... dont tell anyone! R u a dunners head too?

Ill cheak them out. Tha!

• Advertisement

no, BUT if i`m correct and i do think i very MUCH possibly am, definatley...

dan ? is that you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Hanza
    Thanks.
    Its not the female singing that gets me, its the opratic keyboards and the powerful riffs. Granted, yer wan, Christina Scabbica is an amazing singer, but its more the music Im looking for.
    Now, this is a long shot, but maybe check out Midian by Cradle of Filth, lots of operatic stuff in there, and the riffs are great.. The lyrics mightn't tickle your fancy though.

Advertisement