Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-login redirect

Options
  • 22-06-2004 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion about the redirect page when you login to your boards.ie "get on" account.

When I log in to my account from the front page (www.boards.ie) I am logged in and then brought to a page entitled "boards.ie/vbulletin - Microsoft Internet Explorer" whos url is in actual fact "http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php"

How about - after a user logs in from the front page it takes you back to the front page after logging in. Instead of us 56k'ers having to download the full list of boards on the index page.

Flogen
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i often find myself logging in, clicking on the image in the top left corner of the page and going straight back to the main page. would be a handy feature, maybe having it as a user prefrence in the usercp?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Should implement it as a standard feature.

First thing I do when I login is go back to the front page.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by Gordon
    How about - after a user logs in from the front page it takes you back to the front page after logging in. Instead of us 56k'ers having to download the full list of boards on the index page.

Flogen

Oh, thats it gordon... you just bagged yourself a Intelectual Property court case, I'm gonna sue your ass for your Journal...
    :D:D

The Real Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I'm always logging in and then going straight back to the front page. The re-direct kind of annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree! Load up boards.ie, login and return to homepage. Even on broadband it's a PITA :dunno:

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Gordon

I'm curious as to the benefits of this. Whats so great about the front page? Its ugly since the re-design, contains useless information with regards to the threads I subscribe to; and is completely un-user-friendly. Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

For me it's not the front page I want to see, its the whole forum list that I don't want to see. (due to occasional low download speed hell)

Although I like the front page, it's like a little visual echo having the latest posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

Originally posted by Puck
    I'm always logging in and then going straight back to the front page. The re-direct kind of annoys me.

I agree. I do the same. Its nice to see what's the latest topics bugging people

Advertisement