Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Crap!!!

Options
  • 22-06-2004 6:56pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

sory if this is in the wrong place...i have just spilled a third of a cup of water onto my keyboard at work!!!
    is something bad going to happen, should I tell someone...I am trying to clean it out as best I can by myself

help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its fine ,plug it out leave it upside down for a bit.

Should be ok but plug it out so the inside isnt damaged.

kdjac

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

if its broken its only going to cost about a tenner to replace anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Nobody will be allowed drink at their workstation now thanks to you... just hide the keyboard and tell the admins you never recieved one and have been working with the mouse and charmap.exe all this time. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Nobody will be allowed drink at their workstation now thanks to you... just hide the keyboard and tell the admins you never recieved one and have been working with the mouse and charmap.exe all this time. ;)

LOL

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I think I got it all out, thanks guys.
    I went around each key with a paper towel soaking all the dropplets that were left after I shook the hell out of it. :)

I am not telling anyone, the first time in my life I spill something at my computer and it has to be at work, geesh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

could have been worse, could have been tea with 4 sugars in it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Originally posted by stevenk
    could have been worse, could have been tea with 4 sugars in it!

he he :D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

water isn't too bad.

i done it before with a can of beer and it ate throu the tracks.:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Worst thing you can do is use a hair dryer or a hand dryer.

Funnily enough the disposal cost of a keyboard ~€2 + VAT is a good chunk of the replacement cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

Originally posted by jabberwock
    water isn't too bad.

i done it before with a can of beer and it ate throu the tracks.:(

Spilling beer....shame on you jabberwock !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

A friend of mine spilled a pint glass of milk right into his PC case (as he always leaves it open) , its insane the PC was turned on and the milk went inbehind the MOBO running along the case wall! and nothing happend, now thats what i'd call poxy! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Originally posted by Penfolds
    Spilling beer....shame on you jabberwock !!!!!!!!

yeah i know but it is my early drinkin days and it was only budweiser!!!

get tthe old joke about bud and sex on a boat isn't ring true when it comes to computers.

Advertisement