Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loud & scary

Options
  • 22-06-2004 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

You people are loud and scary, chasing me out of my nice quiet lg28.

Gav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Whore you? And what's lg28????? :confused: Are you lost? Or are we all???????? (X-files music follows)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Word to the wise, "Gav": ignore the raving loon that is J Campion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Originally posted by Peterfing
    Word to the wise, "Gav": ignore the raving loon that is J Campion.

I'm not a raving loon, I'm a... em... (insert synonym for "raving loon here") I'm also particularly so now coz I'm tired and have too much caffeine in my blood. I'd still lilke the questions answered!!! I suppose I could just view his profile/ look at his previous posts on his mod. forum but meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

here, right *dons obnoxious cap* we're talented youth right, so we can be as loud and scary as we bloody well like, so why don't you just....go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

?
    ??
    ???
    ????
    ?????
    ??????
    ???????

I'm just gonna go and not ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

God.. the noobs don't even know the layout of the DCU campus. All hope is lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*slaps head* baka!

Now i gets it. I need to sleep more...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

J Campion when i told you to stop talking before i wasnt joking. i honestly mean it. SHUT UP. :rolleyes:

anyway, verb, just pick them up and use them to beat each other up....like pugel sticks. :D

It's the filthy Computer Science class, in my estimation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

All I know is that they wanted to play Quake and/or CS. Several people were called CS Monkeys and much abusive shouting was done. I packed up my laptop and vamoosed. Also, Sarah, perhaps you shouldn't leave your password written on a yellow stickit stuck on a pc.

Gav

• Advertisement

Verb - PM with username and pass.

classes are getting dumber and dumber and more full of silly cs kiddies who dont realise you cant run CS on a 10meg allotment.

Originally posted by Verb
    All I know is that they wanted to play Quake and/or CS. Several people were called CS Monkeys and much abusive shouting was done. I packed up my laptop and vamoosed. Also, Sarah, perhaps you shouldn't leave your password written on a yellow stickit stuck on a pc.

Gav
    Surely they wouldn't be able to play any games on the accounts they have been given? I had to guide a friend through using CGI:IRC, so I doubt they'd have the ability to install/play the games properly

You can whack any games you want into c:\temp and play em from there. Quake is easiest as it's nice and small. But CS will also work.

Gav

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

That irritated me so so much last year. I will personally kick out anyone I find gaming in labs.

It's just sheer stupidity. Least people could do is stfu when they're doing it. The labs are for students to work. CTYI get them and you people use them as a privaledge. Don't waste it. If an admin sees you gaming you will:

a) be fined,
    b) have your account revoked, and
    c) risk having all CTYIers removed from labs.

Don't ruin it on others. Just get on with what you're supposed to be doing.

And please don't screw up the computers. :) Some of us depend on these computers to actually get a degree.

Er, they cant actually fine you tbh, seeing as the regulations re: fines concern actual students. can kick you off and get you in **** with the site office and get CTYI in trouble with the college authorities though. so just say no kids.

Well I'm sure they'd fine you if they can. They'll try...

But seriously a normal student gets in a fair bit of crap for it. A CTYIer would get in far worse. Think before messing with games etc. That's not why you're there in all fairness. If the machines had been intended for gaming then they'd let you install anything and just royally destroy the computers. They don't. They also have signs everywhere saying "NO GAMES". Blah blah blah. I don't feel like writin no more... *wanders off*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Look kiddies, if you're such great gamers and you need to keep yourself in tip top gaming condition so you can be ready for whatever big clan match... GET A LAPTOP OR JUST BRING YOUR PC! Leave the lab ones alone. I mean I went net surfing <in my free time> but i never made much noise (except once but that was cause it was so ****ing hilarious what i found it ended up with people gathered around), and i didn't game cause i'm not an idiot.

So show some sense and just cop on. Ok?

Originally posted by lordsippa
    GET A LAPTOP OR JUST BRING YOUR PC!
    They confiscated all the PCs apart from one person's. ALL OF THEM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Why? Doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    Why? Doesn't seem right.
    They've changed CTYI a bit. For a start, they've renamed it National Association of Zealots Ireland, and all fun, games and unapproved interpersonal contact has been banned, and a uniform has been set. The res has been replaced with huts, with 100 inmates, I mean students, to a hut*

*If you take any of this seriously, I pity you

• Advertisement

Originally posted by nosmo
    They confiscated all the PCs apart from one person's. ALL OF THEM

Erm. WTF?!?! Why? That's just.... Boo. Bring back my days of CTYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

They've changed CTYI a bit. For a start, they've renamed it National Association of Zealots Ireland, and all fun, games and unapproved interpersonal contact has been banned, and a uniform has been set. The res has been replaced with huts, with 100 inmates, I mean students, to a hut*

*If you take any of this seriously, I pity you

You mean that was a joke? Damn, I've already bought my uniform and everything.

I'm sure you'll erm find some use for a uniform...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

But a brown one? Hope I kept the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

You can whack any games you want into c:\temp and play em from there. Quake is easiest as it's nice and small. But CS will also work.

Gav

Did I kick you out or was it the CA class?

<< Fio >>

No I was just overwhelmed by screaming people. Some fella seemed to be in charge. Well, looked like he was supposed to be in charge.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

No I was just overwhelmed by screaming people. Some fella seemed to be in charge. Well, looked like he was supposed to be in charge.

Gav

Ah that would have been Shane (at night) or possibly Jonathan during the day.

Ok so, :)

<< Fio >>

Advertisement