Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime - Omega Pirate

Options
  • 22-06-2004 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

As it says at the start of this section in the walkthrough I have "I hope you like the sounds Samus makes when she dies, because you'll probably hear them alot now".
    I've been stuck on this section for ages as I got pissed off trying to beat it, perhaps I'm just lazy :dunno:
    Anyway the question is, what did you find was the best method of beating this boss? Do you have any tips that can make it a bit easier to beat, or is it a matter of "if at first you fail..." etc

Failing answers to all of that, would anybody like to come over to my apartment and beat the bastard for me :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

i just kept moving around until he was dead dont stop to shoot metroid prime rukes baby

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beat him on my first go. However a veteran of almost all treasure, capcom and konai old school games shouldn't have trouble on the jokes of bosses that are in games nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

make sure you have a ****load of missiles and power bombs beforehand (you should have nearly 100% items by this stage if you've been following a walkthrough)
    blow the crap out of the higher up crystals on his body with a super missile & then switch into morph ball mode, roll between his legs and plant a power bomb to get rid of the lower down ones...
    oh yeah, when he turns invisible and all the space pirates enter, ignore them and switch to the thermal visor (moving all the time!) can't remember which weapon you have to hit him with when he's recharging... try the super missiles.
    once you've stopped him from recharging, take care of the space pirates.

its all about timing. the first time i beat him, i was down to 1 energy tank. the last time i beat him, i'd only used up 1 energy tank:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

why use a walk through? it ruins the enjoyment of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

You're dead right about the walkthroughs. However, I don't actually use them until I'm stuck on a part for long enough to piss me off (2-4 weeks usually and this has been the first time i've been stuck that long on Metroid), then I go looking for one.

Anyway, cheers for that Tman, sounds like a winner. I'll give it a shot:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

When he dissapears you have to use the x-ray visor to find him, he'll appear (invisible to normal visor) on one of the phazon pools. Hit him with a super missile while he's painting himself and you'll so massive damage, you should be able to get two super missiles into him per paint, and 3 should finish him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah I knew what I had to do to clip him, it was just that I kept getting killed in between his first & second cloak:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jaysus, if you're having this much trouble on this boss, you'll be fairly flummoxed when you get to the last pair. Have a look at gamefaqs.com, there are walkthroughs and probably individual boss tactics there. Just make sure you stay back from him, then jump around to dodge his attacks (jump over the wave thingy, jump sideways to avoid rockets). I found it was hard to hit him with super missiles sometimes as other parts would get in the way, I just used the charged plasma cannon most of the time IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this guy only took me two goes(unlike that meta ridley git, who I beat and then didnt save and went in to face metroid prime and goot my ass whooped. now im too lazy to go back and kill ridley again). you could use the misiles to destroy his shoulder and leg things but i just charged the plasma beam. when he dissapears use the xray visor and he'll reappear in the phazon pools. charge your ice beam and use the ice spreader cause that is the most powerful missile combo weapon. it will only take 4 hits with the ice spreader to kill the sucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you manage to time the power bomb trick right, (bomb jump once when he's crouched to use the wave quake) you can blow off all 4 pieces of his armour off in one go. Get rid of the beam pirates quickly (use all your missile combos, you shouldnt run short at this stage) and get the supers off when you can see him with the x-ray visor quickly. If you have less than 130-ish missiles, this gets more fun... and I reckon OP is the hardest boss in the game, it took me 9 tries to beat OP, 4 to beat Meta-Ridley and 2 to beat Metroid Prime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement