Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get rid of it all???

Options
  • 22-06-2004 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

so what y'all going to do DETOXIFY yourself of the traumatic years of "hard work and study"?? im afraid to get rid of all my books cos im afraid i'll jinx myself or something--- and end up repeating-- its so stupid-- but i cant help it. i want to get prepared for going to college-- so i doubt any of the books will come in handy anyway ---but its so hard to let it all go....wish they would organise a bonfire in the schoOl so we could cleanse our minds OF IT ALL!!

LA VIE has begun!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

that post was brought to you by the good people of "WHAT THE FUK " corp....

i'm burning mine tomorrow,

feck it... as eammon would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Even a year of excessive drinking in college will not cleanse your fragile little minds I'm afraid.. I mean everything seems fine and then *bang* it's exam time and the nightmares come flooding back..

bah.. stupid memory..

</Depressing rant>

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

All MY notes are worth money (Institute).

Feck getting a job THIS summer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

ill prob keep my german notes for college but thats it....i dont think ill mind studying in college because i wont have to do any other subjects ...it all be just science science science..ahh cant wait (if im not cursed already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Corona

Ummm I'm selling any book I can! Need to get as much money together for the weekend as possible :p It's a shame the history, geography,irish,music and english courses are changing next year though... they could have been worth a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

In these days of green bins all my notes are going in my green bin.
    I'll sell my books (money is money).
    However I did burn my english poetry book cause you can't sell it and I wouldn't want anyone to poison their mind with its rubbish ever again!:D

i know what you mean bout poetry!! i LOVE hopkins but everyone else is so ****ing boring---kavanagh couldnt be more BORING (hope he didnt here that and influence whose ever correcting the papers!!).i managed to learn all of mahons hopkins kavanaghs and dickinsons poems so i really need to clear out my brain memory space wit sommit new....and all the quotes from mabeth i learned id like to keep so i can mutter them under my breath to snobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 livingupatree

Throughout the year my enormous stack of notes have been gradually turning themselves into paper planes and winging their way through the streets of Dublin. Very therapeutic, great for post-exam relaxation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by CuLT
    All MY notes are worth money (Institute).

Feck getting a job THIS summer :p

Well I'll take them off your hands for a tenner... you cna pay me later ok.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Boston
    Well I'll take them off your hands for a tenner... you cna pay me later ok.

Jeez, a whole tenner? Are you sure you're not just being nice to me cos you know me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yes I'm sure thats exactly why, you are abite of a charity case after all so i'll have to look out for you. Look at it this way, if you don't give me your money, some unsavory types might con you out of it.

http://www.elftrance.com
    go here its WEIRD and i think ive been hynoptised:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 livingupatree

If you really want to forget that the leaving cert ever existed, go to http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com for some truly hypnotising stuff. You will have nightmares!

wooooo your right but check out the site i showed i swear tis from some other planet or somefink

badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHRRROOM!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

i dont want to get rid of some of my books. my english poetry book is full of really funny stuff that was added to it. I just dont want to get rid of it. And its the same with my english folder. Its covered with stuff. As you can probably guess I dont really like english

AHH yes sentimentality..i know the feeling....i have only been in my school since 5th year so im really happy to leave so i can go back to my old friends AND leave this ****HOLE of a town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Originally posted by stuey
    i dont want to get rid of some of my books. my english poetry book is full of really funny stuff that was added to it. I just dont want to get rid of it. And its the same with my english folder. Its covered with stuff. As you can probably guess I dont really like english

Let it go.... Dont think about it.... You will get a new life in college.... and, get rid off all school stuff in your room so it wouldnt remind you of "great times in school".... My room is nearly clean, one more subject to goooooooooooo....

Edit: s/would/wouldnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Originally posted by stuey

English? Funny? Was the other side of the room not boring or something? :P

ya i think its good to kinda get rid of everything ----youll always have memories ..us humans--- we are always reluctant for change ...best thing to do....you cant keep parts of your life like relics or they just rot.........like a girl i know who has EVERYTHING from her last day of primary school and shes all ooo that was such a great day dancing to ''sex on the beach'' and everyone signing tee shirts...... IMAGINE what she will be lke when shes older always living in the past...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    ya i think its good to kinda get rid of everything ----youll always have memories ..us humans--- we are always reluctant for change ...best thing to do....you cant keep parts of your life like relics or they just rot.........like a girl i know who has EVERYTHING from her last day of primary school and shes all ooo that was such a great day dancing to ''sex on the beach'' and everyone signing tee shirts...... IMAGINE what she will be lke when shes older always living in the past...

That sounds suspiciously like my last day of primary school :P *hugs Sex on the Beach CD*

• Advertisement

i finally figured out how to post pics!!! ***grins like an eejit*** there was something wrong with the security thingamajiggy in the net folder woooooo

dalai_lama7_med.jpg

my goal in the next 5 years-TIBET and im gonna get enlightened

2003_bm_night2.jpg
    when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    such a great day dancing to ''sex on the beach'' and everyone signing tee shirts......[/i]

ah that takes me back. The 2fm roadcaster thingey was in our town that day, and we all went over to larry during the just a minute quiz shouting in his mic. The producer went ape. she told us it was a special microphone that would only pick up larrys voice.... ****ing retard.

I finished yesterday with art, and it hasn't quite sunk in yet. All the constrictions of school are now over. I'm moving out for the summer aswell!
    To cleanse myself, I accidently kicked my runner into the river, and over the course of two hours, with the help of friends, got it out again. This is the river from the geography paper. Its a big ****ing river. Lucky for me, the tide was coming in, so there was a backards current. Needless to say, I was a little THCed up. I had this great idea to kick my pencil case in. But alls well that ends well.

I'd like to extend a big thank you to all of the helpful people on this board, you know who you are (read: I cant remember your names :p ) Theres some pretty cool characters here too, I might consider walking by ye and sneaking a peek at oxygen ;) .

@munkeehaven. Keep all these shrooming and smoking links coming, they're class

eh pleb did u get my PM about art??? just wanted to know did the stuff get you through??

ooh and if ya want sum mor cool sites heres da best --- http://deoxy.org/deoxy.htm

http://www.pooterland.com

savilleOct67.jpg

ya, sorry, there were 2 new messages in my inbox. I always thought that this place had a popup notification thingy

it does ---go to ur edit options

:rolleyes: But what can I do? I'm just one man. I cant change the world. You're a dreamer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Originally posted by pleb
    :rolleyes: But what can I do? I'm just one man. I cant change the world. You're a dreamer

Yes you can change the world.... you just need a "revolutionary" idea....

There were hundreds of individuals that changed the world....you might be the next one, if you choose....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

meh,

Burn it all!

"the agent"

Advertisement