Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moped riders think they're on Motorbikes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

Originally posted by seamus
    *shrug*
    Maybe I should remove these rose-tinted glasses :)

it works both ways with car drivers and biker with equal amounts of lack of respect for each other. nothing will probably change that - like the cripps and the bloods :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

quote:
    Mopeds drive me insane - it's the ignorant little b***ards who drive down the middle of the road doing 35mph, head down and not giving a sh**e about anybody else on the road but themselves.
    excuse me i drive a scooter and by no means am i an ignorant little bastard!!!!!!!!!!!
    for starters car drivers . taxi drivers , lorrie drivers etc , infact all classes of motor vehicles have ignorant little bastards behind the wheel
    mopeds hardly put up much of a fight they do 50cc anybody can pass them out jesus!

I was using that as an example - I didn't say that all moped drivers are like that (if you read my post properly you might have noticed that) And I agree that all forms of vehicles can have bad drivers at the wheel.

Don't take up every comment to heart - you'll live longer.

I did read all the thread (you might notice that when i mention the bit about shooting moped drivers )
    i might be a moped driver with no clue of the rules of the road but i think i can stretch to reading a thread :rolleyes:
    I was simply stating my opinion that also helps me to live longer !

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR
    i might be a moped driver with no clue of the rules of the road

thus proving most peoples point in this thread - maybe spend less time on the internet and go and buy a copy - that'll definatley help you live longer!

• Advertisement

maybe if you read my thread properly you would have noted the :rolleyes: , this means (rolls eyes sarcasticly) see you learn something new every day .
    and you learned it from me , a moped driver :rolleyes:

oh by the way i bought a copy for my driving test which by the way i passed must mean im an excellent driver eh? so plenty time for the internet too:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

...quote:
    ...drive down the middle of the road doing 35mph, head down and not giving a sh**e about anybody else on the road but themselves...

A moped can only do approx 35mph. Where in the road shoud it position itself

1. centre - holds up traffic
    2. far left hard shoulder - bad surface, the fillings would fall out of your head! indeed hard shoulder is only for passing and not permanent driving AFAIK
    3. medium left - the best place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

now now girls, break out the jello and settle this like women. *i wish, sniffles*

G'wan Oldyellar :) damn funny!

as for the position, if your gonna be holding up traffic anyway you might aswell stay in the middle otherwise you'll be encouraging people to try squeeze past etc and you'll end up on the side anyway. If theres room for you to pull onto hard shoulder or something then do so if you think you can get back out in time etc' best let the people off.

Oooohhhh so impressed by sarcasm I can barely contain myself - your parents must be so proud of their big brave boy. (sarcasm - just so you know)

Driving tests are pants (IN MY OPINION - just gonna put in capitals so you don't get confused and think I'm dictating rules or anything) they depend on how you drive on a specific day at a specific time not how you drive all the time. I reckon that there should be regular re-testing at 5 yr intervals or such - but that is JUST MY OPINION.

Re; position on road.
    Drive wherever the hell you want (obviously within legal limits, ie in your own lane). Just, and I say this for EVERY road user (be they in a car, truck, van, bus, on a bike, motorbike or scooter), pay attention to traffic behind and if you are indeed holding up traffic - maybe once in a while think of someone other than yourself and give way so they can pass, provided it is safe for everybody concerned. I'm not saying people should drive on a bad patch of road over potholes etc just so the psycho behind can pass you. I assumed that that kind of thing would be common sense - obviously some people are exceptions. It's basic road manners in MY OPINION.

I hope I stressed enough that all the above and any other posts are JUST MY OPINION - everybody has them - no-one has the right to dictate what that is - and people shouldn't really vilify others for expressing them. But again that's JUST MY OPINION.

well i hope to god my parents aernt impressed by there big brave boy , since im a big brave girl!!
    yep we all have opinions no need to get knickers in a knot over them though

I think driving tests are great so i do , I passed mine that must mean im a purty good driver , JUST MY OPINION

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by vector
    ...quote:

...drive down the middle of the road doing 35mph, head down and not giving a sh**e about anybody else on the road but themselves...

A moped can only do approx 35mph. Where in the road shoud it position itself

1. centre - holds up traffic
    2. far left hard shoulder - bad surface, the fillings would fall out of your head! indeed hard shoulder is only for passing and not permanent driving AFAIK
    3. medium left - the best place?
    Left-of-center is the correct postion, approx. one third of the way from the left edge of the road. I'm not sure why this is so, but I would imagine it is to ensure a safe distance from oncoming traffic, i.e. to allow ample time to react, should you meet an overtaking oncoming vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

heh heh thought ya meant i was being sarcastic with the jello and such...yes ehhhhhhh, you are correct.

Driving tests are a joke. But they do tell us that a person at least has the ability to drive safely, and catches the ones who can't.Resitting them every x years is not a good idea. What you need is proper trainning leading up to it courses etc that you have to finish. Also having them all the time would but a huge strain on the system not to mention peoples pocket, we are already paying through the nose for insurance, tax, even have nct now every two years, out licence need to be renewed every ten compared to Englands life time job (think thats right until 70 anyway). I think with proper trainning and the penalty points its as good as you need, forced retests after a certain points etc so as not to punish people who don't need it.

imMho, heh heh.

Advertisement