Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get out ye fogies...! Roll on '05...

Options
  • 22-06-2004 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

I now proclaim this board for the new Leaving Certificate 2005 students! May God have mercy upon us all!

I might as well start the ball rolling for the fresh cattle as we begin our inevitable descent to the slaughter. What points would you be hoping for? Predict now, be optimistic, look back in a year and see how far off the mark (for better or for worse...) you were!

I'd say 490. Poor me. Poor you.

Poor us. Roll on LC '05...Hip hip hurrah :'(! *sniffle**shiver*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Bah. LC04 isn't even over yet. Give us a chance. PLUS we've still got results/offers yet. Damn over-eager 4th years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

*lmfao*
    Poor bastards.
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

You can't claim it till friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I think the worst thing I could ever do is go through all this again. Not because it was THAT bad, but another year of the same ****...

Still 2 to go, my LC is the longest ****ing thing in the world, it deserves it's own time scale along with the ice age. And the space between exams is completely useless. I literally haven't looked at economics since a week before english. Exam in 10 hours, hell I did more study for the mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Get out ye fogies...! Roll on '05...
    Feck off! i'm not old.... yet!

You just wait til i get my appled maths done! Youngsters these days, they have no respect for their elders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

**** off oasis boy you're not supposed to be thinking about this for another... 11 months.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by NoelRock
    I now proclaim this board for the new Leaving Certificate 2005 students! May God have mercy upon us all!

I might as well start the ball rolling for the fresh cattle as we begin our inevitable descent to the slaughter. What points would you be hoping for? Predict now, be optimistic, look back in a year and see how far off the mark (for better or for worse...) you were!

feck that,
    i've my classic's exam this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Damn over-eager kids. I agree, you shouldn't be using this board for another 10-11 months, now get out until we recieve our results/college place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

im finished and you still have all that **** to go through. hahahahahahahah

Anyway its not nearly as bad as you think its going to be. Craming really really works

Originally posted by stuey
    Anyway its not nearly as bad as you think its going to be. Craming really really works

Maybe we should all hold off saying that untill August 18th/23rd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i could fail music and applied maths, and i'd still get my course :D I'm a lucky bunny, the exams have been nice to me so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

good for you, look forward to your leaving, dont enjoy the summer or what precious free time is left, just hang around waiting for us to die one by one...

(yes i dont know what i'm talking about either)

490 you say huh?
    at the end of 4th year i was told i was well fit for 500,
    then 450,
    then 430,
    now i'm lucky if i srape 400.

(sigh):rolleyes:

Originally posted by smelly girl
    490 you say huh?
    at the end of 4th year i was told i was well fit for 500,
    then 450,
    then 430,
    now i'm lucky if i srape 400.

(sigh):rolleyes:

Sounds eerily familiar. Those damn guidance counsellors, giving a hugely false sense of security. If everything goes realy well, I should have 530, but 430 is a bit more realistic right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by penguincakes
    **** off oasis boy you're not supposed to be thinking about this for another... 11 months.

No, see, that's my actual name *sigh*

To do list:
    Leaving cert
    Get noelrock.com closed down and replace it with own site to avoid further global confusion.

Yeah, I'm ****ting myself about the exam now...looking forward to seeing the points for this year - hopefully my course (journalism) will take a nice, sharp drop :)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

I'm ****ting myself about the exam now

i thought you weren't doing your leaving until next year,
    dont tell me you're whinging about some test on a leaving cert board???

Originally posted by smelly girl
    i thought you weren't doing your leaving until next year,
    dont tell me you're whinging about some test on a leaving cert board???

I think he's whinging about next years LC, you know, the one that wont start (properly) for another 11.5 months. Quite sad really...

Almost as sad as posting here over 250 times in the last seven days - especially during your Leaving Cert. Furthermore, then deciding to insult people who actually care (or rather, admit they care) about their future in advance of this life-altering exam.

Almost as sad as posting here over 250 times in the last seven days - especially during your Leaving Cert. Furthermore, then deciding to insult people who actually care (or rather, admit they care) about their future in advance of this life-altering exam.

Actually, I was saying how sad it was that the stress of the leaving cert starts nearly a full year before it beings. Obviously that's a very strong insult. :rolleyes: "Whinging" was referring to Smellys Girl's post. As for the post count... why is that so sad? That I'm sitting at my desk beside my computer for most of the day during the last 3 weeks because of the leaving cert and I post on a leaving cert forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I think he's whinging about next years LC, you know, the one that wont start (properly) for another 11.5 months. Quite sad really...

To be honest that REALLY does sound like your saying he is sad for worrying, not that its sad how much stress the LC puts on people even when they are a whole year away from it.

But I think you have both figured whats going on now so lets stop the fighting ;) afterall we are all in the same boat! :D

All I can say is mate , relax, go out evjoy this summer, once it gets to easter your gonna wish you were back here again when you didnt HAVE to care! Dont worry , just have some fun now.

P.S just cause we post a lot dont make us SAD :dunno: ....does it........OMG im so sad :(

Originally posted by Smellyirishman
    To be honest that REALLY does sound like your saying he is sad for worrying, not that its sad how much stress the LC puts on people even when they are a whole year away from it.

Ok, well read it again, but with "whinging" in quotation marks... Should make a little more sense. Just thought it was obvious with the smelly girl post right above it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I was like that at the start of sixth year. But I enjoyed my summer first!! You've loads of time, don't worry yourself yet!!

I was so freaked on the first day of sixth year that I had to go home and rest. Then I totally reverted and became the most laid back person around!

Now I have an nice equilibrium.

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Actually, I was saying how sad it was that the stress of the leaving cert starts nearly a full year before it beings. Obviously that's a very strong insult. :rolleyes: "Whinging" was referring to Smellys Girl's post. As for the post count... why is that so sad? That I'm sitting at my desk beside my computer for most of the day during the last 3 weeks because of the leaving cert and I post on a leaving cert forum?

:) Sorry, I had to find some way to retort. I see now what you were getting at - but it really wasn´t obvious before. The misunderstanding was my fault. Anyway, you´re right - I have the summer to get through first :) -oxegen, white stripes etc.

The LC is over today right? Best of luck everyone - I´m sure you´ll get what you deserve (not meant to sound as sinister as it does but ´get what you need´is too broad).

I´m dreadfully sad if you use my own argument - I´ve been here the longest!

Mmm, I love equilibrium*

*- not the movie, moreso the internal balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

I´m sure you´ll get what you deserve

Uck, I hate it when people say that. I prefer a simple "good luck".

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Good Luck!

Advertisement