Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the faithful reporters?

Options
  • 22-06-2004 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm geetin a bit worried. I haven't thoroughly searched, but it seems there's noone reporting goings on at session 1 yet!!!Come on people, have they banned computers or blocked this site or something?
    I want to know what the gossip is, funny happenings nd who the ra's and ta's are. So even though I'm a Nevermore, I can pretend I know something!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ok Ailbhe, deep breaths, deep breaths. Its the 2nd day...3rd actually. Give them time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Try the "Blonde Imports" thread. I recall somebody posting the name of the film the S1ers watched in the Terence Larkin this year... don't remember the film though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

I believe it was called "Maid in Manhattan2 cringe! And the worst thing is that means we (Session 2 people) will be subjected to bit aswell!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

How bout one by one we leave, saying that we ''feel faint'' and ''need some air''....

Then, PARTY!! WOO!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

If anyone had cared to read my post properly *harrumphs* you would've seen that we will no longer be watching the movie in the Terence Larkin (or at least, the S1ers didn't) but 3 RA groups are put into one classroom and watch it in there...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ok opinion then - which is a worse movie, "Maid in Manhattan" or "Crocodile Dundee in LA"?? Cos in my opinion it would take a LOT to surpass the sheer crappiness of the lowlight of session2, 2002...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Why yes. That was terrible. I haven't seen Maid in Manhattan and I don't really want to. Might just find some way to get out of it. Time to work on faking a gastrointestinal disorder! :D

We could break one or two of your limbs?

And campions, while we're at it ::Evil grin::

I lke it. I don't need my thumbs do I?
    "Mr. RA! Aonghus broke my thumbs! Can I go get some fresh air?"
    I'd love to see the look on his face f I did that. :D

In fairness, the bovine aerodynamics in Crocodile Dundee deserved an Oscar.

flying cow... funneh

• Advertisement

How bout...''I forgot my glasses, can I get them from my room?'' Its worked before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i had the opportunity to skip the archaeology lecture with the old 'the paint fumes from our room are making me ill wtf do i do?'. it may work again

I was one of the couples in the back he complained about....

Originally posted by Raphael
    I was one of the couples in the back he complained about....

Not quite sure what you mean by that but I'm sure it's something you should see a shrink about! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Originally posted by gigglingrat
    How bout...''I forgot my glasses, can I get them from my room?'' Its worked before.

yeah i used that one before. splitting ur lip also works but is more painful and bloody.

I know a guy who was supposed to die in a play. He had blood capsules in his mouth to bite down on, but they didnt work. So he bit a hole in his own lip to get blood.

I know a guy who was supposed to die in a play. He had blood capsules in his mouth to bite down on, but they didnt work. So he bit a hole in his own lip to get blood.

Sounds like the executions they used to have in the quad back in the day. I tell you, the blood was all over the place. Or maybe it was just barbecue sauce from the canteen. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by Fishie
    Ok opinion then - which is a worse movie, "Maid in Manhattan" or "Crocodile Dundee in LA"?? Cos in my opinion it would take a LOT to surpass the sheer crappiness of the lowlight of session2, 2002...

didnt you spend half that movie trying to weird my out by coming onto me? :p

actually re: reporting i went out on saturday to santry to visit the RA's, seeing as i know hardly anyone still in there. Irwin Gill, Dermo Delaney, Niall Kelly and Andrew Byrne (and Eoin Carolans younger sister who was there in 2002 who's name i cant remember!) are all RA'ing so it was quite amusing. got to be assistant RA and sit in on an RA meeting. great fun :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Originally posted by crash_000
    didnt you spend half that movie trying to weird my out by coming onto me? :p

Yes Neil, yes I did. But it, erm, didn't work, if you remember - stroking your thigh freaked me out a LOT more than it freaked you out!

By the way Eoin Carolan's younger sister is called Deirdre, I think she was doing Psychology in 2002, she was with Chris the Canadian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr. scanger

I've already said this, but just in case anyone missed it I hear the first disco of s1 was in the canteen as opposed to the hub.

• Advertisement

The fsck???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by mr. scanger
    I've already said this, but just in case anyone missed it I hear the first disco of s1 was in the canteen as opposed to the hub.
    I was once told that in the first few years of CTYI they used the canteen for discos. Maybe they're being "old skool". Either that, or they're cheap bastards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

First few years?

*ahem*

MOST years it was there becuase the hub was only built a few years ago. CTYI has been around a lot lot longer than that. Up until 2000 it was ALWAYS in a canteen (afaik)

Originally posted by halenger
    Up until 2000 it was ALWAYS in a canteen (afaik)

QSL. Discos were held on lower or upper floors of the canteen in 2000, whereas in 2001 they were in the Hub.

Nostalgia... or... perhaps the disco lights in the Hub were smashed by skangers.

Its plausible all right...maybe the university isnt giving them the hub....they were having trouble with the res's and such-like in recent years

Its plausible all right...maybe the university isnt giving them the hub....they were having trouble with the res's and such-like in recent years

What, you mean the "J. and D. lovin CTYI" etched onto every one of those wooden shelves? Or the messages being burned into walls with aerosols and lighters? Surely we can find a balance between these noble traditions and not vandalising private property :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Canteen is being used because apparently the guy who normally organises stuff in the hub has gone AWOL so they have no other choice. Hard break but i'd say the canteen could be a bit of a larf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Okay, apparently the canteen disco was "immensely bad" but they went to the zoo and the cinema this weekend!

Also the food has improved. Hah, sure.

That kinda sucks....thanks neil

• Advertisement

Better food?!?! Canteen discoes?!?! What is the world coming to? Everything I knew and loved is gone.

Everything is changed....changed utterly.

Meh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement