Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the faithful reporters?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Canteen discos were the best. Back in 1998 when the old canteen was still there they covered all the windows so it completely blackened the place. Twas kewl. Think they did similar in 1999 too in the temporary canteen. The hub is over rated anyhow. I mean like who needs PROPER DJ equipment. :p I remember one year the DJs had something that looked like they made it themselves, seriously.

Upstairs in new canteen wasn't too bad a disco tbh. Still not a patch on 1999 but well... Ok 2000 was good, great in fact but 1999 will always hold a special place in my heart-twas the people. Not that 2000 people were any worse/better just there were certain friendships in 1999 that I'll never forget.

Yeah I forgot Mick was leaving this summer. That's gonna leave a void until September or so probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

ctyi wouldn't be ctyi without the **** films. thank you, ailbhe, for reminding me of crocodile dundee in la - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and as for canteen discos, i have very fond memories of the canteen discos of my time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

AIDEEN!

*kicks Aideen up the arse*

whats the craic? :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Podge, you never went to a CTYI disco in the hub because you had left by then, so how would you be able to tell which was better? Ah yes, canteen discos, I'd almost forgotten about those haha. Those were also the days before an on-campus Spar, and the days when people actually used he common rooms to hang out. But what is the point in wallowing in memories of things past? Yes, things have changed, but everything changes in reality. Of course things are not going to stay the same year after year, especially since the people change. And personally, I preferred the discos in the hub because I have more fond memories from that, but I don't mind people disagreeing with me if they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hang on a second....arent the chairs in the upstairs of the canteen bolted to the floor????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

Originally posted by crash_000
    AIDEEN!

*kicks Aideen up the arse*

whats the craic? :)

*waves frantically*
    hi neil!!!! i haven't spoken to you in about seventy years - i keep spending my free time in drogheda! (i know, what's the deal with that?!) madness, madness. yes, well, the craic round these parts is pretty good, agus tú féin?!

well said ailbhe, listen to her everyone, she talks sense and has nice hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Raphael
    Hang on a second....arent the chairs in the upstairs of the canteen bolted to the floor????
    Bolts are easily defeated with a recently invented miracle of science, known as a "spanner". One of these revolutionary devices is pictured below

spanner.gif

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    Bolts are easily defeated with a recently invented miracle of science, known as a "spanner". One of these revolutionary devices is pictured below

spanner.gif

Perhaps it is you who is the spanner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Raphael
    Perhaps it is you who is the spanner?
    He set himself up perfectly and you come up with that. Come on.
    The discos in 2000 were help in the downstairs bit of the canteen.. Can't see why you'd have it in the upstairs

Originally posted by nosmo
    ....Can't see why you'd have it in the upstairs

so you can spit on the couples down below. obviously. :P

• Advertisement

Originally posted by nosmo
    He set himself up perfectly and you come up with that. Come on.
    The discos in 2000 were help in the downstairs bit of the canteen.. Can't see why you'd have it in the upstairs

In my defence, I hadnt slept in 19 hours when i posted that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

oh no. when you posted that I hadn't slept for 36. And you're not impressing anyone by saying it.

....To Conclude this thread which has become monumentally stupid:

My willy is bigger than yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement