Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perimeter problem

Options
  • 22-06-2004 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

I just bought Perimeter at the weekend. I can't get it to work without admin rights in win2k, and I'm not willing to play logged on as admin. Anyone got any workarounds before I bring it back to Game?

And as a bigger issue, is this becomming a given i.e. needing admin rights to run games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

You can have more than 1 admin account so there should be no problem there

Also the game looks great i have a demo of it and i must buy it. Looks interesting and hard to play i want to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I guess my problem is not so much giving myself admin rights on another account, but actually playing with those extra rights. I don't want to have myself exposed on a broadband connection with admin rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Gyck wrote:
    I guess my problem is not so much giving myself admin rights on another account, but actually playing with those extra rights. I don't want to have myself exposed on a broadband connection with admin rights.

Anything that manages to get through your router firewall, software firewall, AV and spyware/adware protection. Isn't going to find admin rights a problem.

Why Perimeter? Odd sort of a game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Anything that manages to get through your router firewall, software firewall, AV and spyware/adware protection. Isn't going to find admin rights a problem.

Why Perimeter? Odd sort of a game IMO.

An odd sort of game for an odd sort of fellow that hides from Admin I guess. The amount of SW (and HW of course) that one cannot use or use properly for what is basically a placebo boggles the mind.

Im on Windows x64 and havent installed a Virus Scanner yet and I just use the Windows firewall.. had the PC online for 6-12hrs a day for 2months on DSL.. and nothing happened. :p Im my Torrent downloading PC (old Laptop) I have Windows Firewall and AVG Virus Scanner, occasionally picks up trojans in Internet Explorers temp files, which I get from Torrent search engine pages.

But I wouldnt even consider running non-Admin.

Matt

Advertisement