Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Broadband problems have me confused

• 22-06-2004 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

For the past few months my line has been consistently failing however direct neighboors of mine have been passing, this has led me to beleive that its the line in my house rather than some permanent fault. Talking to Help Line folk has led me to beleive they know less than I do, after hours of talking to robots (YEAH you have to talk to them now, its far worse than pressing 1,1 ,2 ,3, 4) I finally got a decent response which was "Your port on the exchange is enabled, but your line is too weak" well the obvious fix for this is for me to shell out on a new line which although the company cant guarantee it one guy said unofficialy id 95% chance of passing with a new line unless they gave me a garden hose pipe rather than copper. But the fact that its not guaranteed is annoying because im afraid im gonna give the company another few quid that I dont need to.

Has anyone been in a similiar situation, what did you do to solve it?
    Does anyone know the actual technical requirements for ADSL, as all Help Lines tell me is "gotta be close to exhange that is upgraded" I want technical stuff like, your line needs to have 5+V's or be able to carry signals with X frequency reliably, or the following other utilitys cause noise that interferes with signals if too close by... ect!

And if you know how to fix it, is it a possible DIY job? If so how?

Thanks

Advertisement