Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

orbital live

• 23-06-2004 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

never seen them before as i'm only young, but looking forward to seeing them at oxygen. what kinda stuff will they play cause i heard its the same tracks almost everytime? any chance of 'are we here'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

well its their last ever show here, so you really really cant say what theyre gonna play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

if i get a blast of the last four minute section of are we here i'd be ecstactic. you know where the synth comes in and goldfrapp starts singing. more or less the single version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

They said they are gonna play a long set and cover all the classics with some unusual stuff thrown in.......... Dont worry, its gonna be amazing. Hope the crowd is good! Kinda odd that Belle and sabastian are following them? I just hope that its inside a tent and not on an outside stage, because the wind will ruin the beats like last year with underworld?

Sean

i had no difficulty with underworld last year cause i was literally right in the front pressed against the barrier, i dint know belle and seb were following them? are they gonna clash with the chemical brothers does anyone know yet?

orbital are outdoors on the green room stage

they dont clash with the chems, coz the chems are headlining the spirit dance barn

only thing is that they close the dance arena once its full coz its indoors and all, so if youre going to see orbital theres very little chance youll get into the dance arena for the chems anyway

yeh its a bit odd b&s are on after them, but im not complaining coz i love them too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by Helix
    orbital are outdoors on the green room stage

Isn't the Green Room going to be a tent? I'm pretty sure it is...

dunno, but whatever it is, its not that awful dance barn anyway

id imagine its outdoor tho to be honest, coz that and the main stage are the big ones lineup wise, and theres usually a couple of outdoor stages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by griffdaddy
    never seen them before as i'm only young

yes, old age has its advantages :)
    Originally posted by griffdaddy
    but looking forward to seeing them at oxygen. what kinda stuff will they play cause i heard its the same tracks almost everytime? any chance of 'are we here'?,

went over to see them playing on Thursday and Friday night in Brixton and they were just excellent - there were a couple more tacks i would have liked to have heard - but only having about 90+ minutes to fill it was a good selection with some classics and pretty intense (heavy) treatments of some tracks - one perfect sunrise was just superb and so apt - even got some of us "oldies" looking a bit upset as it came to an end ;)

are we here? wasn't played at the Brixton gigs - don't want to give the set list in this post in case those going to oxegen don't want any hints as to what may come up when they play there - but if anyone wants to know just ask and i'll reply with it under a spoiler...

BrianG

i wouldnt like to know the whole set either, but answer me this; was anything from snivilisation played and was impact(teb) played? man i cant wait!!

nothing from Snivilisation at Brixton but Impact was on the list... wasn't able to get to Glastonbury but have some mates who are going so will ask if anything from Snivilisation turned up at that performance...

check out the One Perfect Sunrise video, loads of footage from various gigs over the years

and you also check out video and audio from various concerts at the official website (check the banner at the top for the 'audio(live)' and 'video' links)
    http://www.loopz.co.uk

BrianG

• Advertisement

thanks brian, i love the video for 'are we here?' it gets pretty trippy near the end. incidently does anyone know where those samples are from? off topic, does anyone know where i can get underworlds gig at witnness last year? it was superb and i know it's been played on 2fm but it was edited to fcuk and has dave fanning saying stupid stuff over it

did anyone just see that glastonbury performance on bbc2? i cant believe that they're not headling oxygen, no offence, but belle and sebastian can fcuk off. i was worried about them clashing with the chemical bros but now i dont give a ****, i just wanna see orbital for as long as possible!

there is a 30 slot from their Glastonbury performance on Steve Lamaq's show available on the Radio site at the moment - click "Listen To Show" it's about 3hrs 28min into the show...

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The guy I sit beside in work was at Orbital in Glasto - said he was dissapointed. He saw them 2 years ago (or whenever) on the same stage at the same time and they were legendary.

I noticed on the tv they were stopping between track, the athmosphere was completly dying during the intervals...

yeah they paused between tracks at the Brixton gigs too - didn't bother me though - quite partial to a breather at this stage in life... :)

anyhow, they aren't putting on a DJ set, they are a totally live act performing tracks from various stages in their musical career - i quite enjoyed the opportunity to share remarks with those around me between the tracks - also gave everyone a chance to show their appreciation - even with the gaps in Brixton the atmosphere was just fantastic...

BrianG

yeah a gap is nice, at underworld last year they'd play 2 or 3 tunes then have a gap, at one stage they went from born slippy nuxx into pearls girl and i thought i was gonna collapse, you have to stop dancing every now and then or you just drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Originally posted by DubWireless
    the atmosphere was just fantastic...

BrianG

Dub, I was at the Brxton gig on the Friday, it was unreal. I was up on the balcony and looking down on the crowd below was amazing. I've been to 4 orbital gigs in Dublin - The Olypia and The Point and I've seen some DJ sets in the Tivoli.. Did you stay to see Plump DJs? I was totally worn out when Orbital finished so we just headed back to the hotel. Where were ye staying?

yeah Brixton was great, had booked the Friday gig in May and headed over on the Thursday. Decided to see if there were any tickets left for Thursday's gig when I was over there and managed to get one on the door :D Friday was better though as I was there with some friends and up in the balcony which was great, was just on my own Thursday taking it all in downstairs.

Didn't hang on for the Plump DJs as I was a bit tired too, had it very handy though as I was staying about 10 meters from the front door of the Academy in a mates apartment :D

Oxegen was a great send off too - really enjoyed it and there was a super atmosphere - although the music was a little on the quiet side (unless that's just my ears finally giving in!) much more used to a wall of sound hitting me during some of their tracks

the Green Room (Tent) was also a bit over crowded at times as we had people streaming past us near the sound desk - they should really have been on in the the Pavilion or Ticket Stage and at least it would have been easier to get to the Chemical Brothers afterwards for anyone who wanted to see them - they weren't letting anyone in by the time we got over so we just took in a bit of Massive Attack and headed off to beat the crowds leaving...

the end of an era plus i didn't win the lotto on Saturday so no chance of heading to see them in Tokyo next week either :(

Advertisement