Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viacom to get into game makeing?

Options
  • 23-06-2004 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

As you may know Viacom owns paramount which owns star trek (or what’s left of it). Over the last year or two there has been an ongoing fight between activation and Viacom/paramount over the star trek license to produce games ... to make a long story short activation is sueing paramount which has stopped production of trekkie games while this whole mess is being sorted out ... over on eurogamer is an interesting story here which clams Viacom is either going to buy out EA! or midway (which they have a stake in already) in order to get into games

With its own publisher/games developers and the estimated 200 million dollors trekkies spend on star trek stuff a year will this mark a return to the console/pc for star trek?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

seeing as the game industry is set to be one of the most profitable markets in the future it wouldnt surprise me if a move like this happened after all its becoming an accepted "media" so why not get the best start by buying out of of the biggest players ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I dont like EA they killed WestWood.
    I would like to see them die themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Good wouldnt mind a game like Star Trek Invasion for ps :D

Advertisement