Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN card to connect to Eircom broadband??

• 23-06-2004 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    A friend of mine purchased an ISDN card for his laptop after being told that it would work with DSL (Eircom broadband). The modem is a Cayman Netopia. The connection that comes with the card has an RJ45 connection at one end (to connect to the modem), and the other end has a connection that fits into the ISDN card. Personally, I don't think it will work (I've tried it too). I'm just checking with you lads that this is the case.

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Nope, I'm afraid it won't work.. ISDN and ethernet use totally different voltages iirc for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

A google search for "Cayman Netopia" shows it to be a adsl modem. Maybe the seller got there terms mixed up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Thanks lads, yeah I reckon he was taken to the cleaners. He told the guy in the shop it was specifically for Eircom DSL, but the guy said it will work. He bought it in that computer place on the Malahide Road (beside Lidl, can't remember the name of it)...but typically, the place has since burned down!

DC.

Advertisement