Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon X800 Pro in stock for €360

• 23-06-2004 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Just got an email offer from ByteWize Computers (Canada).

They have a Sapphire 256MB Radeon X800 Pro card in stock for 600 canadian dollars (just under 360 euro):

http://www.bytewizecomputers.com/products/7/21/262/6046

Cheapest I could find around here was 308 pounds with www.overclockers.co.uk.

Express international shipping from Canada is 57 canadian dollars.
    The whole thing comes up to just under 400 euro. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

seems good (if ye have no prob paying €400 for a gfx card) but wont ye be stung for import tax on it cause its outside the EU? That would push the price over €500...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

www.jes-computer.de have a price of €389 but there out of stock. and are saying mid/end of june..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Originally posted by Scruff
    seems good (if ye have no prob paying €400 for a gfx card) but wont ye be stung for import tax on it cause its outside the EU? That would push the price over €500...

mmm.. i know.. i'm kinda hoping i'll get lucky and won't get charged any tax/duty.

i was already lucky with a 20" LCD monitor, no import tax or duty..
    but yeah, it's a risk allright :)

jes, and most other stores, have had these cards on their online catalogue for a month or more, with no real stock to show. the only place i saw that has the new graphics cards in stock are overclockers.co.uk.

while i won't get into trashing jes (never had any experience ordering from them), i don't like stores that have items on pre-order, with constantly shifting expected delivery dates.

i could be wrong, but i'm guessing that jes will update their site soon to say these cards will be available mid july.. and then mid august.. and then.. :)

more worried about import tax though

I do believe jes have already had the sapphire X800pro in stock but were sold out pretty quickly. (the sign was green for a while there)

I hate the pre-order thing aswell but its not only jes that do it, komplett, overclockers, overclock......... they all jump on the band wagon. And ive found komplett to be some of the worst for due dates.

the only place i saw that has the new graphics cards in stock are overclockers.co.uk.
    www.overclock.co.uk were the ones that actually had a batch in stock before anyone else. Now there cleaned out. Think overclockers are upping the price to take advantage mabye?

• Advertisement

I think they are. I remember the price being 10 quid cheaper when the same card was on pre-order.. Now that they have a few in stock, they've upped it to 308.

Oh well.. This whole situation is rediculous. Publishing reviews two months before the card is available in the retail channels.. Creating a huge demand, that will drive pre-orders, a unrealistic price hikes.

Yea i totally agree its a joke. The retail was supposed to be $299 for the pro and $399 for the XT wasent it? (or was that $399 and $499)?

[edit] Yea crap i think it was $399, but thats still less than anyone here can get it for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,579 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im just saying im getting my new graphic card in AMERICA florida

http://www.circuitcity.com/verity_search.jsp?productType=1&search=RADEON+X800&qp=0&c=1&b=g&u=c

but i found out that the deal 399 dollars is only a online deal so its cost me a extra 80 dollars

Advertisement