Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just out of curiosity, how do you fly?

Options
  • 23-06-2004 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

How do you fly choppers in BFV? I use WSAD and the mouse. Vote in above poll please.

How do you fly in BFV? 45 votes

Keyboard and mouse
    0% 0 votes
    Joystick/Gamepad
    48% 22 votes
    Keyboard and Arrow keys
    28% 13 votes
    Flap my arms and it just happens
    22% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I flap my wings really hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 El Bootarino

Good man Rev. Fair play.

(sigh) theres always one...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The secret of flying is to fall at the ground and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Badly?

I only use flying to get me somewhere ,but my parachute key doesnt work so i have to skim the ground before i bale.

So Keyboard and arrows work for me ,sometimes i even use my wireless pad.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

WSAD + arrows.
    This makes for terrible flying in planes but I can do anything in a chopper.
    I must plug in my joystick sometime for planes.

Everyone should have a basic flying level, getting from A-B or stealing enemy air units to deny them the use.
    Ideally everyone should then be able to land after getting airbourne. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Keyboard and arrows tis the only way to fly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Joystick is best when flying with choppers. It gives you a pure natural feel and its a hell of a lot easier to hold her stedy over points and make quire weird turns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 EgorTrooper

Having flown choppers in other games with the mouse and keyboard I used this in BF and got the hang of it eventually. Would be interested to try my joystick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    The secret of flying is to fall at the ground and miss.

Douglas Adams me thinks

WSAD and the mouse and not great sometimes would be the answer. planes are ok in nam but it takes me bout 5 mins and numerous attempts to land a chopper and even thats not guranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I went straight in with the joystick, and now if i try to use the keyboard, well the results speak for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

entertainingly (except maybe for my passengers)

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandad.. not screaming in fear like his passengers."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Very,very badly.
    My flying skills are legendary in Tig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Like a maniac. I own maps when I'm airborne.

Use a Sidewinder or similar joystick. The yaw built into the twistgrip is brilliant for choppers and aircraft. And throttle of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

@ the mo, WASD for lift and rudders, and joystick for general air movement (ie; intead of 8426 on the numpad).

I'mn not too bad, but the joystick needs some fine tuning, as it yaws to the left a little when flying, which disables me from picking up stuff with the heli; if I try to hover over something, the heli yaws gradually to the left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by fluffer
    Use a Sidewinder or similar joystick.

Yea, I have a MS Sidewinder Precision II and I have to say its one of the best joysticks out there. Real pity MS arnt goign to be producing more of them. They were the best joysticks on the market, strange for Microsoft.

MS Force Feedback 2.
    Its pretty damn good. But some games are a bit too enthusiastic with the feedback, making them harder to play. Bfv doesnt have any though. Suits me fine.

Originally posted by fluffer
    MS Force Feedback 2.
    Its pretty damn good. But some games are a bit too enthusiastic with the feedback, making them harder to play. Bfv doesnt have any though. Suits me fine.
    Where can you buy one + for how much?

Bought mine in the uk a while back for about 70 euro.

I think they cost about 100 here....... Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by bizmark
    Keyboard and arrows tis the only way to fly
    I'm interested in this method of flying the copters, but what button are you using to fire the guns / missiles when you are using the keys?

Serb

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Space is main fire and left alt for secondary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Use a thrust gampad me self.........Dual Analog contorls are nice for Helos , not so hot in planes though.......Can do a loop the loop in Helo with the gamepad

Iv looped the loop using the key board no probs as long as you have enough altitude.

By using a joystick to steer the aircraft, I'm able to get out of spins that Iwouldn't be able to get out of usually. Also, I'm getting good @ jumping into choppers that are on their side (after the enemy adbandons them), and flying away with them :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I find that keyboard and mouse are the best you just have to have a good sensitivaty to play (like a low sensitivaty will enable you to move, turn, shoot and speed off before they even know what hit them). It works for me but if you dont try learning to fly and think you can do anything your going to crash over and over again. My advice is to do a single player with no bots and practise. DC choppers are so stupid to fly but if you can fly one of them you can fly anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I find flying planes on mouse an easy excerise but chopper just ain't happenin!
    Can fly anyone anywhere but dont ask me to hover!:dunno:

Originally posted by Joeface
    Use a thrust gampad me self.........Dual Analog contorls are nice for Helos , not so hot in planes though.......Can do a loop the loop in Helo with the gamepad
    I can loop the loop on keyboard all you have to make sure is your up high enough to pull it back up..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    I can loop the loop on keyboard all you have to make sure is your up high enough to pull it back up..

but can you fly upside down?

In a Hellie or a Plane? :)

Originally posted by tba
    but can you fly upside down?
    Yes i have done it once u simpley do a loop then stop upside down (half way through loop) and press down (opposite to up on your controls) and u start to hover but u cant turn shoot or move forward or backwards as the chopper will explode or crash. i have a picture on some computer in valdezes cafe so ill find it for us next week!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Choppers cant fly upside down if they can in game thats fairly stupid ...heuys shouldnt be able to do barrel roles or loop the loops i think only the commanche (sp) and euro tiger can do that two very modren choppers

Advertisement