Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone v525 owner? Do us a favour!

Options
  • 23-06-2004 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

could someone check what their flex and firmware versions are for me?
    It's in settings, phone status, other information.

please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

FLEX VERSION SE707AXXB8136
    S.W VERSION TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.38R_V
    DSP S/W VERSION 62D5(500
    LANGUAGE 0039

Look if ur stuck im sure i can back up my software for phone and put it on a cd or something.....u in dublin?....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lodey

Motorola V525M (flashed v600)
    S.W VERSION: TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.38R
    FLEX VERSION: SE6446AXXF10F8
    LANGUAGE 0003

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

thanks guys. I called VF to tell them I couldn't send texts (for some unknown reason!) so I just need to know that in case they ask me to check what software is running!

Lodey, did you have problem's when you flashed to v600? Did you do both flash & flex or just one? maybe if I just flash it and leave the flex as is it'll work.

Mad M, thanks again for your help, VF are going to replace my SIM so I'll see if that fixes the texting problem. From what I've read on it so far (and there's been a LOT of that!) I didn't think it was possible to back it all up? Or do you know how of to do it?
    I'll see how I get on with the new SIM and if I'm still fecked I'll drop you a line. Cheers for the offer!

I've been using VictorGSM and p2k file manager to see if there's a file on the phone that enables it as a VF Live! device but haven't found anything so far.

Thanks for your help lads.

S

Got my replacement SIM card and I can send texts now.
    odd that the firmware/flex upgrade screwed up the SIM somehow......

• Advertisement

Did you have the sim in when ur doing the flash?....so u have a V525 upgraded to a V600 now all ok or is the live still knackered?....

I did have the sim in there. I read somewhere that that was fine. It shouldn't really have affected the SIM at all. Plus, it was odd that my sim worked in another phone and another sim worked in mine.

Still no joy on the Live bit but it's not that big a deal. I know I can fix it now thanks to Lodey so that's my only problem.

Advertisement