Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal MP3 download prevention

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

originally posted by zoro
    Well I actually have some Justin and Britney cd's anyway so I'd have no excuse for that

Right thats it you've asked for it I'm going to email yr sister info on bit torrent kiss bye bye to yr bandwidth!

You've only yourself to blame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by istep
    originally posted by zoro

Right thats it you've asked for it I'm going to email yr sister info on bit torrent kiss bye bye to yr bandwidth!

You've only yourself to blame!
    yeah, and how are you going to get his sisters email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

littlesister@thezorofamily.ie?

Maybe that's why I always seem to get email addresses wrong... hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ah, touché! :D

• Advertisement

Nice ..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭blobert

Originally posted by zoro

But it's her sharing of Busted tracks - over, and over, and Westlife too, plus some Boyzone I'd imagine, I'm just sick of it :)

What's wrong with Busted????? :p

What's wrong with Busted?????

Drink up boys ...we're leaving !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Send it send it! And sign it 'Walter Cobb'...such a boring, music industry name. Or 'Mark Crahm'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

sign it simon cowel!!!! haha.......

but it is good....very well put together letter.......goodluck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

mandatory quick note, if your victim buys the letter routine he may do a speed delete of all his mp3s, in the rush he may delete some other files, like your mp3s, or maybe even the my documents...

[edit replace he with she]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I sent the letter yesterday - *trembles* :D

Oooooh yeah!

Keep us all posted lotta people waitin for deeply comic results!

Oh and by "posted" I mean, handed to my dad ;)
    But twas franked and everything (good old work-franking machines :D) plus I slapped on a registered mail thingy. It looks damn good ;)

They (the parents) are gonna give it to her tomorrow as they don't want her to have a heart attack while they're not in the house. So it looks like I'll be reporting back at the weekend - *rubs hands* it's all coming together nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

install all sorts of remote admin programs on her pc, then when she starts to share all that crap, send her messages from eh billy gates threatening to sue

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Zoro, I am mightily impressed by your almost Satanic display of vindictive evilness. It's great! That's my favourite prank of the year so far :)

Originally posted by ixoy
    Zoro, I am mightily impressed by your almost Satanic display of vindictive evilness. It's great! That's my favourite prank of the year so far :)
    I'll take that as a vote for Moderatorship :)

l3ian:
    I'd rather not install a whole load of monitoring software on the system :) It's used by the whole family, bar myself as I have my own machine. And to be honesy, I want to see her break down into tears after reading this letter! :D MUAHHAAHAHAHAaahahahahh.... *polite cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well, I for one am sick to death of my sister:
    (a) Sharing files with her "buddies" (on MSN of all f*cking things)
    and (b) Stealing all my god damn bandwidth! :)

So I've come up with a cunning plan :)
    I'm gonna write to my dad from the IRMA threatening legal action if the activities don't stop!!!

There was a guy in a company I used to work for who had about ten mp3s to his name, and played them over and over. They were all songs by pink floyd, led zep and jefferson airplane, so you can imagine this got pretty annoying after the tenth listen.

So my friend who also worked with me mailed him through a box on our network with an open relay, and sent a mail that looked like it had come from the RIAA, tell him to remove the mp3s immediately.

He fell for it, hook line and sinker! :-)

:D YEAH! go you :)

What was his reaction? Did he ever tell you? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by eth0_
    They were all songs by pink floyd, led zep and jefferson airplane, so you can imagine this got pretty annoying after the tenth listen.
    Heavens no. Not unless it was the 26-minute long version of Dazed & Confused because that's pretty annoying.

Listening to that dodgy live version of The Wall that Waters did, Coverdale/Page and Starship mp3s over and over again would be another story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

:D YEAH! go you :)

What was his reaction? Did he ever tell you? :D

Ah he found it funny :)

Sceptre - I like the floyd too! But the same song, ten times a day? NO THANKS.

This just in...

She officially sh*t herself when presented with the letter :D
    Dad gave it to her and she wet herself - then went online immediately to inform all of her friends of the latest revelation! :) They have all since stopped all file transfers, everything from Kazaa to MSN :D

My god I love my job ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

*applauds* :D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me comends you!

well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

she didn't really physically wet herself did she? that's just upsetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by eth0_
    sent a mail that looked like it had come from the RIAA, tell him to remove the mp3s immediately

Is anybody really stupid enough to believe that an American agency would threaten somebody in Ireland, seriously :dunno:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

zoro, your a legend... and I was always a fan of your show (but not the cartoon, or film..)

Anyway, all I can say is thank the lord I'm the only person in this house who uses the broadband any more than once a week, I know no-one will be pulling a prank like that on me...:d

good work!

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think you are acting like an arsehole. I am sure you have never "illegally downloaded" an MP3 file!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

ROFL, just been reading this thread from the begining and was hoping there would be a good end to it all :D

good job there, well played, would hate to be your brother if that's the sorta stuff you do to your sister ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Waylander
    I think you are acting like an arsehole. I am sure you have never "illegally downloaded" an MP3 file!
    I'm sure that everyone on the internet has downloaded something illegally at some point in their life - be it an mp3, a crack for their favourite piece of software so that they can use it for a little bit longer (winzip ;)) or whatever else.
    As I have stated over and over in this thread, I'm doing this because she's ignoring repeated warning from me that what she's doing is completely open to traces and can easily find it's way back to my house - and consequently, my pc's. *edit* oh, and she's eating into the cap, and destroying the bandwidth while I'm playing games :)

All because her friend wanted her to send her the latest busted mp3 .... for the third time, as the first two tries didnt complete and she was missing the secret at the end of the 45 minute silent period?

Besides, I know that what I did can be looked at as childish and immature, but you know what? I couldn't get a sh*t :) I've enjoyed myself immensly, and I'm glad that so many others enjoyed my little story too :D

Advertisement