Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recent defacement of Boards ...

• 16-05-2001 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Hmmmm. In the past I've kind of been on the Hackers side, sort of a "Free Kevin" point of view. But now that it's happened to something I'm part of, I don't know anymore. What is the point of hacking and wasting their "l33+" skills, what does it achieve? Everybody knowing their a pain in the @rse?! They could be earning a salary doing something similar.

Not that any major damage was done and the hack was rectified quite quickly, but I do hope DeVore and the lads get legal on somebody's @ss. Food for thought.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

What was done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Boards was hacked by somebody:

http://www.boards.ie/doh/index.html

Will show you what they did, there's a thread about it in Technology/Admin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

you suppoet the 'free kevin' thing, but you want the admins to find and bring legal proceedings (one presumes) against whoever did it, despite them doing no harm whatsoever, except highlighting the fact that your board is quite suspectible to hacking from other, less benign parties.

[This message has been edited by --Kaiser-- (edited 16-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by --Kaiser--:
    you suppoet the 'free kevin' thing, but you want the admins to find and bring legal proceedings (one presumes) against whoever did it, despite them doing no harm whatsoever, except highlighting the fact that your board is quite suspectible to hacking from other, less benign parties.

[This message has been edited by --Kaiser-- (edited 16-05-2001).]
    </font>

I did not say I supported the Free Kevin movement, read it again.

My point was, now that it's closer to home I have changed my point of view, and it is more solid. If they wanted to highlight a vunerablity they should have posted it to the Technology/Security or Admin boards. From their defacement I'm assuming they are familiar with boards.ie, and would know that.

As for legal proceedings I mean a civil suit or something, I'm not asking the Secret Service to hold some script-kiddie for 4 1/2 years without charge, like they did Kevin Mitnick (who was guilty).

And it's not my board, I'm merely a member of the community.

Advertisement