Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbeylara: waste of money

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by dark_knight_ire
    if we stop someones application on the ground of unsound mind and a doctor says the person is sane, well then the state is liable to be sued.
    Carthy's doctor didn't say he was sane though.
    If you ask me there should be no guns in this country apart from the police and army
    Well, that's nice. I think that the target shooters in training for the Bejing Olympic Games, or those going to the Athens Games, or those who went to the Atlanta and Sydney Olympic Games, would be in disagreement. In fact, I can say that, I'm their PRO.
    (Oh, and you can add to that list the shotgun shooters who won the World Championships two years ago, as well as gold medals in the World Cups over the last few years).

Plus, the vets who use handguns to put down sick animals, athletes whose events are started with starter pistols, farmers who use .22s and shotguns to hunt foxes, and a dozen other groups all of whom have legitimate uses for firearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭BUMP!

This is true you dont have time to think you can't place a shot. The Gardai on the day done their job and are highly trained. Its unfortunate that not everyone knows that and can be bitter still i think thats a thing within all irish people.

I am obviously coming across as anti-GARDAI for which I do apologise as I have several friends in the Gardai who do take their responsibilities seriously (except when they sit in the pub drinkin pints bitching about drink drivers and then at the end of the night drive home ... but thats another topic) and I wouldn't like to see them in any way hurt. My problem here is that the whole situation from start to finish feels wrong. It shouldn't have happened that the man ended up dead from what was an unbelievable situation. If there is a way that they can learn from this then they should welcome the inquiry, not gripe about it.

As for the highly trained bit - unfortunatley I do not believe the training (or the discipline for that matter) is up to the levels it needs to be. (trough no fault of the gardai themselves as I know they welcome all training they can get)

Advertisement