Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Student Tickets

• 24-06-2004 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Howye Folks,

Quick question. I'm hoping some Croke Park regular can answer for me. I'm intending going up to Croker on Sunday for Westmeath v Wexford.

I want to get the student price because, obviously enough, it's 10 quid less. Trouble is I've no student ID but I am doing my leaving cert at the moment. Do ye think if I've ID that proves I'm only 17 that they'll give me the student discount?

Answers based on prior experience or definite knowledge from a Croke Park insider would be very welcome.

And to those that think I'm tight. I finish my exams on Friday so most of my money will be gone on beer long before Sunday!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Sorry I do not know for sure but I think they would want to see a student id.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Your not a student yet mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Course I'm a student! A leaving cert student. That doesn't make me any more capable of paying the full price than if I was in uni. So I fail to see the logic of it. It should really be under 18 or student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Unless you're very tall or look older than you are, you'll be unlikely to be asked for ID if you are really only 17. The stewards will be concentrating on the lads in their late 20s or older who'll be trying to bluff their way in. Bring ID just in case though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

AFAIk the way it worked for the Westmeath V Dublin game was that students bought full tickets and then had to show up at one of the stands to claim a refund of the difference. My brother is doing the leaving and he got the refund and I don't think he has any real ID to say he's a student.

• Advertisement
Advertisement