Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS...Help!

Options
  • 24-06-2004 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Alright Lads, hows the form?,
    Here's whats wrong, i have a network 5 PCs Win2K Pro running on all, one set to
    run as a DHCP server and all others running off it , the issue is ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)is not working. I have set the connection to enable dial-up on demand, I have reset to static addresses, reset back to dynamic, changed everything else in the network properties i thought might make a difference, i can't get it goin', i have spent days at this, anybody got any ideas at all???

thx
    kc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Where to start....

Can the machines ping one another?
    Can you open shares on other machines?

What is your IP address range?
    Netmask setting?
    What is your default gateway set to?

How are they connected? Switch? Hub? Router with ports?

We need info here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If the computers cant ping eachother you might need to change them back to static IPs. Try the following
    PC1 192.158.0.1 [modem]

PC2 192.168.0.2
    PC3 192.168.0.3
    PC4 192.168.0.4
    PC5 192.168.0.5

Set the subnet to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1 on them, also the dns to 192.168.0.1.

That should work. I never trusted the Windows built in DHCP server, I have my Netgear router running as my DHCP server and that seems to work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Llook for a hidden firewall app somewhere, like in an antivirus program, especially on the gateway computer. Also, make sure any firewalls that are meant to be running on the gateway computer are in gateway mode.

Advertisement