Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol prices in Newbride

Options
  • 24-06-2004 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with petrol prices in Newbridge?

I drove through there yesterday morning, and the price was 91.9c in two garages, and 93.9 in another. When i got to Naas, it was still 99.9c a litre. What has happened for the prices to drop so much in one town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

That's very interesting. Maybe prices are finally about to come down nationwide and these are the first garages in the area to do so. I will be checking the price of the petrol when I fill up at Tesco Finlglas, this afternoon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Petrol prices are supposed to be dropping by up to 3.2c in most areas as of the
    end of this week and Ive heard this from 2 people who work in different petrol
    stations so we shall see if they actually pass it on to the punter.. tho Im sure the
    full brunt wont be passed on by most.. :mad:

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Yeah it's an interesting point, but something I'd like to know is: - in all the times that petrol prices have soared, have they ever dropped back down to their original price (or near it) after the 'crisis' is over? I can't see prices in Tesco going back to 80 - 85 cent per litre ?????

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

i was going by a texaco in portlaoise it was 101.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Must be a recent development - I think the cheapest petrol at the weekend in Newbridge was 97.9c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

I know that Tesco are doing a deal that when you spend above €50 you get a voucher which allows you get 5c per litre off the marked price from the Esso on the Moorefield Rd. Perhaps this is having a local knock on effect on the over price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

prices on the n7 at ballybrittas co laois 95.7 in the maxols a few metres up the road esso is 102.9....something wrong there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

last i checked (bout 2 days ago) the petrol station in Kilcullen, were ... 102.9 !!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NocturnalDonkey

Yeah, the price in Esso on the moorefield road is 95.9 (dearest in the town) but when you take the 5c (tesco voucher) off its only 90.9 (Cheapest in the town)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

Tesco, Finglas was selling unleaded @ 94.9c per litre :D
    That was a bit of a saving I made on the 65 litres I purchased yesterday

• Advertisement
Advertisement