Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Game 24th

Options
  • 24-06-2004 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

I had the pleasure of winning a ticket for the 250 game tonight and am wondering whowill be heading in to the games tonight. Is it even on with the €500 on around the corner at the same time?

Might even try and poker myself out and go into the freeroll aswell. Who's heading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Definitely playing in the big one but will try to get off work early and go down to Griffith College to beat the mob

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I have a ticket for tonight's game, and, like bohsman I'm going along to the Griffith College game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

Anybody have a guess at the numbers that would be at the game tonight? Given the 500 game is on in the Merrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

What a disaster of bad luck and bad plays am too tierd to properly post now but will tomorrow. ARGH!!!! I just wasted a ticket big time..................

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I feel I kinda wasted my ticket too. Haha, ooops! But I feel you wasted yours more, them flush draws killed you, you shouldn't have been in on them at all! I got a genuine bad beat to send me a packin. That arse calling 1,000 with K5 suited although it's not the worst call, if he hits a 5 he prolly has the best kicker and what not. He seemed to call everything though. Always next month. Anyone do well?

Did they mention poker.ie at the griffith tourny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's great!!!!!!haha. What episode was that in (homer/bond) haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular presented by Troy McClure

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F31.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Originally posted by cormie

Did they mention poker.ie at the griffith tourny?

eh to the best of my knowledge the answer is a no

edit - apologies, seems that they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

What a horrible night, was out just in time to see the peno shootout blinds at 50/100 its raised to 600 into me i go all in for 2700 with KK get cracked by AQ

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Now that was a fun night of poker. I got lucky a couple of times but think I played pretty well. Made money on 77's when 2 2 A came down and I went all in. He had the ace but I hit my 7 on the turn :)

Then on the final two tables i was sitting on the second shortest stack (3500). I'm on BB for 2000. Short stack goes all in for 2500. It gets called, I throw in the 500 to see the flop. Flop comes K 4 T or something to that effect. I have K3 so I throw in my other 1000( didn't really matter what I had, I still had to throw it in ) It gets called. Other two in the pot have nothing. Turn came a K and I'm back up to 9500 and in the money. First two go and take 400 each. Then the table decides to make a deal, everyone gets 1500 and we play for 2000 extra in first and a 1000 extra for second. By this time i was the largest stack of about 80,000. We keep playing and the chips are just being passed around the table. Eventually we get down to 3 players. I have about 40,000 or so. Other two have a lot more than me. I go all in a JT and don't hit anything. 1st and 2nd split the extra and take 3000 each. Kinda annoying that I came that close to getting the 3000 but I'm still quite happy with 1500 after only spending a tenner to get my ticket to the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by bohsman
    What a horrible night, was out just in time to see the peno shootout blinds at 50/100 its raised to 600 into me i go all in for 2700 with KK get cracked by AQ

Do you know who it was that put you out?
    What table were you on?

Advertisement