Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communist Eire - Pass needed to Travel

Options
  • 24-06-2004 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

I didn't realise, but we have become a communist country.

What?

Oh yes - you now need a pass to travel in certain parts of the country (Clare to be exact).

This pass system is enforced by a system of secret (undercover) and not so secret police.

What's next? rationing of food by Bertie - extreme leader?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Not to mention the foreign secret police who are allowed carry weapons and use them against Irish citizens if they perceive a threat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

What if I were to percieve GWB as a threat (he clearly is)? Could I shoot him then? I should have more of a right since I'm an Irish citizen and he's not. It could easily happen that my secret service could see GWB as a threat to me and have a few snipers take him out.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    What if I were to percieve GWB as a threat (he clearly is)? Could I shoot him then? I should have more of a right since I'm an Irish citizen and he's not. It could easily happen that my secret service could see GWB as a threat to me and have a few snipers take him out.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Of course that's not going to happen since my SS are presently terrorising the town of Dungarvan since I might be passing throught there sometime next year.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Didnt you lads hear? The Government are reforming the Guards as SS Deaths head Division - Irish Chapter. Bertie has declared himself dictator for life. Dissenters are being dragged from their homes as we speak and being shot in the streets. People are having their property taken from them, appropriated by the state with their former owners now enslaved. Scapegoats are being selected for demonisation and liquidation. Mountjoy is being refurnished with gas chambers. Media is being taken over by the Ministery of Truth.

Oh sorry, did I go ott again.

Double darn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

"communist country"

er if your trying to make a flippant remark about the passes in shannon town why say communist if we're going to exagerate like this why not say facist as it is under right wing extremising that this is being carried out not left wing....

btw i do think far left is as bad as far right and both are capable of oppression of its people but why say communist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Sand
    Didnt you lads hear? The Government are reforming the Guards as SS Deaths head Division - Irish Chapter. Bertie has declared himself dictator for life. Dissenters are being dragged from their homes as we speak and being shot in the streets. People are having their property taken from them, appropriated by the state with their former owners now enslaved. Scapegoats are being selected for demonisation and liquidation. Mountjoy is being refurnished with gas chambers. Media is being taken over by the Ministery of Truth.

Oh sorry, did I go ott again.

Double darn.

"NOTHING TO SEE HERE! PLEASE DISPERSE!" -Chief Wiggam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

but why say communist?

"They let you do that, travel state-to-state without papers?"

"Yes," Ramius assures him, "state to state".

-Hunt for Red October.
    Something Communists couldn't understand. Now democratic people are beginning to live in their world of police states and secret police. Thats why he said it.

right wing government s have secret police too? and its the rights that in power at the mo....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Chewy what's your fascination with which wing government makes you carry a pass? A point was made. A valid point. And you are fixated on whether he should have said Communism or another form of government.
    Would you be happy if he said Fascism? Despotism? Monarchism? Who cares.

Fact is the Communists were renowned for their paperwork, bureaucracy, restricted lives, etc.

• Advertisement

alright

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by bertiebowl
    Given the cost of living, surely the "Dear Leader".

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

The guard have the power under the public order act for an event like GWB visit to seal off areas like they did in clare. The secret service was armed and proper order, i was really hoping that a one of the protesters would have got in, had they been shot thats one less drain on the dole :D

As for the communist statement, i agree but only if we let those left wing protesters get any power which won't happen.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

That’s strange a state has to be communist to have passes to travel to certain parts of the country. :rolleyes:

We do it, the United States do it – it’s ration depending on what money one has – they must be communist as well? :rolleyes:

Advertisement