Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server 2003 question

Options
  • 24-06-2004 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I'm testing a windows server 2003 setup at the moment. I have 2 servers - one is a domain controller (active directory), the other is also running 2003 but has been added to the domain as a member server (added it the same as a normal workstation). The problem i'm encountering is on the member server - when i go to share a folder and add permissions the domain & users won't show up. All thats there in locations is the server name e.g. MYSERVER, and theres nothing else...any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Who are you logged into the member server as? You'll need to be logged in as a domain user to see the domain users group

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I'm logging in as domain administrator...weird thing is that there is also a windows 2000 server as a member server here and it has no problems in this regard...

Advertisement