Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Well the dentist is history since he told her the dog bit his penis.
    I doubt he'll actually go through with it. Infidelity doesn't really lend itself to comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Good Point. I was watching The Massage and I'm still LMAO at Larry getting the happy ending. Cheryl goes to a psychic and she's convinced that Larry is having an affair. A great line: Who's going to have an affair with me? I'm not a cool guy.:)

I enjoyed The Car Pool Lane though it wasn't as good as The 5 Wood. Larry and Monena had a great repertoire gonig, also loved The Krayzee Eyez Killah Ref.
    I thought Susie Greene was going to make an appearance, especially when The Country Club people caught Larry.
    Gina Gershon is in The Survivor in a few weeks. Oh mamma.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

todays episode on tg4 was hilarious...who would have thought larry gets sadistic when he is stoned...lol!:p

That was so funny, his old man could handle it, poor Larry.

Just thought of another scene when Jeff and Larry went into The Restaurant and they knew Marty would be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

I do think that some of CYE is slightly overrated but in general it is the funniest thing on TV at the moment. Last night's episode was fantastically crafted. Brilliant stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by smuckers
    That was so funny, his old man could handle it, poor Larry.

Just thought of another scene when Jeff and Larry went into The Restaurant and they knew Marty would be there.
    Indeed. Their false surprise was some great acting - all "would you believe it ? Look who's here!" And then, of course, you know Larry will have to make some comment about the seat and you think "Walk away Larry, just walk away..." but of course he can't :)

Larry's pimping at the ballgame to the club guys was priceless too, but I think the funniest moment of the night was him trying to act all "cool" when buying the drugs (at such a great price...). That or the line, "I couldn't help but notice that the defendant was a Negro..." :D

Originally posted by Morgans
    I do think that some of CYE is slightly overrated but in general it is the funniest thing on TV at the moment. Last night's episode was fantastically crafted. Brilliant stuff.

The only 2 eps which didn't do it for me were AAMCO ( Season 1) and Ted and Mary ( the most light hearted ep ever) also season 1, though it was funny when he took Mary Steenburgens's mother drink.
    The Nanny from Hell ( Season 3) was good in parts but not one of the best.
    Just watched Larry Joseph and Mary:

Becky: You just ate out lord saviour
    Larry: I thought they were animal cookies.

I can't believe he said that Mary had some bod on her to Joseph or as LD would say Joey haha.

Great news everyone - CYE has been renewed for a fifth season 89524|1|,00.html]source[/URL :D

• Advertisement

yayy!!!

Excellent news.:)

oh man tonights episode was one of the funniest yet :D ...he just kept getting into so much **** with the african americans...and david schwimmers dad..hee hee :)

The Surrogate was fantastic. The conversations with Richard Lewis and Wanda were hilarious and there were so many more good scenes. His heart rate going up after seeing The Doctors assistant and who can blame him she was a babe. Faking his heart attacks, telling the secretary to change the magazines hehe. Only 3 more to go unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I haven't really got into this show previously, but going on last night episode it think that this is Must See TV for me.

Very Funny.

Excellent episode! Very very funny. It's not the first time that Larry has come up against race issues (remember when he tried to fire his TV guy?) but it's still done brilliantly. And never mind the rest. Shame the season's nearly over already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I really hate the way the black people hate in those episodes though. Who wouldn't mistake a bloke dressed like that and standing beside a valet sign for a valet? And how many times have you seen people turn their car alarm on while walking away?

Apart from those niggling points, it was a very funny episode. Especially the end phone call! Knew he'd get back to Larry but I'd forgotten all about it by the end.

Larry seemed to enjoy watching The Puffy Shirt, Seinfeld episode. The face on R Lewis was priceless when Larry was faking his second heart attack in the toilets. :D

A cool place for Curb scripts

http://www.stanthecaddy.com/cye/scripts.html

just saw the one on thursday that i taped about the ''college girls gone wild'' and the ''numb vagina..heh heh heh....i just can't imagine larry having sex...and wandering bear is muthaphuckin cool!!

Looking forward to this, havent seen it yet as I was down in Cork, but a friend taped it.

• Advertisement

Just saw Wandering Bear, it was bloody hilarious. Loved when Larry put on a fake voice in order to get The College Girls Gone Wild tape. Arguably Jeff's best ep of the season.

Susie: Hey Wandering Elk, what ever the f*** your name is. LOL

Magnificant stuff tonight, The argument with Cheryl over eternity was classic Curb. I loved the wedding vows also, Prettyyyy pretyyy pretyyyy good. I can't believe LD was considering getting t he suit cleaned instead of getting it down with Anna, Gina Gershon is one hot piece of ass. "F*** or suit? LOL.
    LMAO when he stood on the rabbis hand. That Survivor Colby was a prat. Next weeks finale is being broken down into 2 eps

Really enjoyed this one - "I'm a survivor!" "I'm a survivor!" And I gotta agree with Larry - she shoulda got the sponge. I hate it when people point something out when they could do it...
    The wedding vows were good weren't they? I liked the way Larry made a show of searching for them when it was clear he never bothered writing them in the first place. And the result? Well it was pretty good. Preeeeetty good. Love you until the day I die and not many women get to hear that (Cheryl was clearly impressed).
    Larry's "let's roll!" made me giggle too.

Ya say next week is a 2-parter... was it an hour originally? I'm looking forward to seeing just how much Larry destroys the production of The Player :D

Yea it was an Hour. I bet ya Larry will forget his lines. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Heads up - looks like TG4 is showing the finale in an hour-long episode after all... everything's been pushed back about 30 minutes as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

saw it last night for the first time. very funny indeed. will have to get repeats of the ones i missed somewhere.

Of course I liked it and it was great finding out - finally - the reason Mel Brooks had so much faith in Larry :D And look who finally turned up in the audience after four years...(Unless it was an inserted clip?)
    I have to completely agree with Larry on the tipping culture - they're paid by the hotel!! Why should they be paid twice!! His tight-wallet attitude about splitting the tips was just perfect for him.
    What I liked though, looking back, is the way they showed so much of the Producers and we all sat there waiting and waiting for Larry to screw up... and it took just the right amount that we almost thought he wouldn't. And the nice surprise was that, although he did, in the end he was a success - good! For once Larry succeeds :)
    But people do you think Larry cashed in on his anniversary present? I bet he didn't. I've felt, all along, that on some level Larry isn't really comfortable with it at all and won't go ahead and do it....
    Shame that's it for a while :( I've seen all 40 episodes although not the original pilot. Guess the only other comedy in the same wide region, from the US, is Arrested Development - anyone been watching this? Not at all bad.

Good stuff last night, I loved when Jeff told Katie that Larry had OCD, also on the plane when he was trying to go to the toilet. When he was having dinner with the girl and she wanted to talk about blow jobs Larry was more interested in blowing his nose. The whole thing with David Scwimmers watch was v good too.
    You could have know that he'd forget his lines in The Producers but he saved it by doing stand up, which was v similar to The Grand Opening. The downer was that there was no Susie or Richard Lewis, but they had to sacrifice something. He could have got it together with Katie but she ws a republican.
    We'll have to wait till next year for Season 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

thoght the scene with the blowjob expert in the diner was a bit hammy - god just order a couple of pints of water - but the scene with the hotel "bell boy" explaining all the features in the hotel room was fantastic. "That's a window" " I can stand on the floors. Brilliant stuff.

Shades of teh Elaine/Putty conversation from Seinfeld in "Your not going to read a book or magazine" piece between Jeff and Larry on the plane. Best comedy on television at the moment by a country mile. Will it ever get picked up by Paramount, so we can see all the old episodes re-run a la seinfeld.

I too loved when he took the piss out of the bell boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Neither Digiguide or the Evening Herald had it at an hour last night so my video stopped recording before the end. Would some kind person give me a brief description (in spoiler tags I suppose) of what happened at the end.

The last bit I saw was the show had just started and the first song had begun. Larry hadn't come on stage yet.

If a lot happend don't bother for you own sakes :)

Thanks

ahh last night's episode was great...i was at the edge of the seat waiting for larry to totally ruin the play...almost was wishing for it!....he was right- he did look like an 85 year old with those glasses! is it just me that thinks this but isnt david schwimmer absolutely brilliant the way he portrayed himself as a really bitchy sort of fellow and oh so cold towards larry... i could just feel the contempt he had towards the poor sod.

I missed the last episode too but luckily I just saw an ad and E4 are showing the new series (it showed a clip from this series) in 2-3 weeks time.

Are you sure they are showing Season 4? BBC 4 havent even shown Season 3 yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

e4 are showing it soon, probably from the start, although I'm not sure, might actually watch it from the start if they are!

flogen

smuckers wrote:
    Are you sure they are showing Season 4? BBC 4 havent even shown Season 3 yet.

Well I might be wrong. The clip was where Larry and Jeff go to the drugstore asking for haemoroid cream or something like that, and the cashier shouts down the shop 'any haemoroid cream left?' I just remember seeing it recently, so it could be season 3.

ah Its season 3,thats The Grand Opening.

Do you know when the exact date is?

I think it was either Sep 2nd or the 7th (didn't hear it too good)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BrianThomson

Does anybody have a recorded copy (VHS tape) of the original broadcast of Wandering Bear? I believe it's original air date was February 29, 2004. The reason I ask is that future broadcasts of this episode are showing edited versions. Specifically, the scene showing several scenes from Girls Gone Wild has been cut out. I would really like a copy of the original. Please tell me someone taped it! I will pay good money. Thanks in advance.

Season 3 opened last night on E4, I hadn't seen Chet's Shirt in a while. Lots of good scenes, Larry' lack of sensitivity toward Barbara at the start. The fight with Ted over the damaged shirt and getting hit in the mouth by Ted's daughter Jill.
    Larry: "I don't like talking to people I know but strangers I don't have a problem with." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Ive never seen the show but on the following quote i found on IMDB ill definetly try to catch it next time, made me laugh just reading it.

[Larry is on a bad trip, looking in a bathroom mirror]
    Larry's reflection : What are you looking at? You see something? Huh?
    Larry : Wh- What did I do?
    Larry's reflection : What did you do? You know what you did! You did nothing!
    Larry : If you want me to do something, just tell me!
    Larry's reflection : You've got to change the diet, I've told you about that. I don't want the red meat, you're eating the red meat. I don't like that!
    Larry : I'm doing the best I can.
    Larry's reflection : Go to a doctor. Get yourself a checkup. Colonoscopy, you afraid to get a colonoscopy? What's the matter with you?
    Larry : I'm sorry.
    Larry's reflection : Everybody gets it! Get a colonoscopy!
    Larry : I'm really going to do it.
    Larry's reflection : You got your father-in-law's birthday coming up. You going to get a card?
    Larry : [nodding] Okay.
    Larry's reflection : You're not going to get a card! You're not going to do a ****ing thing!
    Larry : I'll try and do better. I will.
    Larry's reflection : TV! TV! TV! That's what you like to do! Read a ****ing book!
    Larry : Okay, yeah, you're right! You know everything!
    Larry's reflection : Who the **** do you think you're talking to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Does anybody have a recorded copy (VHS tape) of the original broadcast of Wandering Bear? I believe it's original air date was February 29, 2004. The reason I ask is that future broadcasts of this episode are showing edited versions. Specifically, the scene showing several scenes from Girls Gone Wild has been cut out. I would really like a copy of the original. Please tell me someone taped it! I will pay good money. Thanks in advance.
    Wait for the DVD

The Benadryl Brownie is next week, another good one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BrianThomson

Blisterman wrote:
    Wait for the DVD

I'm don't think they'll have the original on the DVD. I don't know what the reason was for the change, but I think only those who taped the original broadcasts will ever have a copy of this. I must have the original for my collection. Can anybody help?

• Advertisement

Love in last nights ep how The Benadryl Brownie idea bacfired for R Lewis and Larry.

R Lewis: we missed half the Knick game last year cause of this **** lol.

Larry: wanna play scabble?
    Jeff: I'd love to play scrabble
    Larry: you know I kinda got in the mood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

"You can turn the satellite on or you can fire the black guy. Whatever works for you."

Another good one on Thurs, Cheryl seemed to enjoy having her breasts fondled by Brad. LOL.

Larry: you know I was thinking of getting myself a hetrosexual wife to play golf with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

you never know grumpy amercian comedy is just nonlaughable compared to irish/brittsh comedy suppose its a cult thing curb your enthusiasm

right i have watched a few episodes now and i take back my former statement :o i knocked it before i tried it im sorry i think its brilliant!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

www.hbo.com have a curb your enthusism quiz. I did 100 questions and scored 52%
    I've only seen the first and second seasons though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement