Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPRS WAP ISP INTERNET ETC Are you sure you want that service ?

Options
  • 24-06-2004 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

OMG ! i bought a new simpack , 25 euro with 10 credited to it already

i got the gprs settigns from o2

i checked my yahoomail it ws bit slow but it wroked thoguht it was great i did :)

then i checked my balence... o.oo credit :o

rang up 1740 , you do not have suffecent credit blach hlacvh

rang the 1850 60 1747 form another phone

they charged 7 euro and 50 cents for 250kb thats about 2 pages on opera on yahoomail !

i couldn't believe the prices its crazy !

i dotn think i'll be using gprs agian any time soon

it only lasted 3 mins ffs !

that was teh time it took to download

i think this might put alotta people off getting the gprs wap 2 settings in !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Well if you are charged 2 cents per KB and downloaded 300kb, what do you expect?

GPRS WAP 2.0 Areyou sure you want that service ?

QUOTE]i think this might put alotta people off getting the gprs wap 2 settings in ![/QUOTE]

Also, you might want to change your title and the second quote, WAP 2.0 is not at fault here. The exact same thing would have happened if you downloaded the same volume of date using WAP 1.2 or if you used a browser such as Opera and connected though an ISP APN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 madden

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Well if you are charged 2 cents per KB and downloaded 300kb, what do you expect?

Its not **2 per kb, i think people should be aware of it before using the advanced services that wap 2 compatible phones have to offer ie internet

10 euro in 2 pages is a bit crazy tho

7.5 cents for 10kb on bill pay o2
    30 cents per 10kb on speakeasy

i got less than a quarter of a megabyte for 10 euro thats crazy

i jsut put my meteor sim back in :) i was able to browse quit a bit on wap with that still have 10 euro credit in, not internet in tho, i hope vodafone get their finger out and publish the settings for the 6600 soon they should be cheaper than o2 .... :dunno:

** TYPO! , 150% more than quoted earlier sooorrrry !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Hey,
    I think you should stop saying that its wap 2.0 thats causing this, a nokia 7650 with wap 1.1 could use full internet access (opera etc) and you would be charged the same.

speakeasy is 3-5c per KB.

Its not 3 per kb

then you said:
    Its 30 cents per 10kb on speakeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought O2 billpay was €7.50 per MEGABYTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think your getting a little excited?

You got charged for what you used. Go into your phones log and look at how much data your downloaded in the session, if you were overcharged, call O2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement