Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servers etc.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

yeah, kaillera would be cool alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

sry only legal things mame is tomuch on the grey.

Ah bugger i cant think of anything other than Frag Ops which didnt like you :)

Just hope whatever game goes up i have , ground Control 2 out morrow maybe combatcow can say if tis worth getting/hosting.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ground Conrol 2 out tomorrow?

Shit, I really need to upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Would love to see a Frag Ops server up.
    I can pretty much guarantee that it'll get a lot of use.
    Also i will promote it in the same way i've promoted the UT server you've kindly put up for us.

Killian

This all came about cos I tried to put uyp a frag op server, but since they decided to make a complete tit of the installer for it I gave up.

step 1. Install server
    step 2. Install frag ops, no wait frag ops isnt going to install because it says ut2k4 isnt installed, goto step 1

when I see the loki installer I remember why I'm glad they went down the toilet, hell I'd even flush it for the pain they've caused me in there time. Why I remember back in nam...... goooks in the trees .....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What about Tribes? It's free and everything now, so it could be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

TiG server?

/me pokes Rev

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

AvP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Ah bugger i cant think of anything other than Frag Ops which didnt like you :)

Just hope whatever game goes up i have , ground Control 2 out morrow maybe combatcow can say if tis worth getting/hosting.

kdjac

Aye it would be tbh,there is a cool ''drop in'' feature for multi player aswell as coop mode through the single player missions which would help ppl if they were stuck in a campaign :D

Its well playable on a say 1.5Ghz pc with a mx440 and 512Mb of ram...but will look like a dogs dinner,natch.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ah kaillera is legal ;)
    Counter strike...

How about i provide you with a link to a zipped version of Frag Ops?
    No installer needed, just unzip it to the ut dir.

Killian

Just noticed that the UT server still isn't updated to v3236.
    I know there were issues with the map changes etc.
    But they've patched that up with v3236.1 which was just for linux/mac.
    We've been running it on our clan server and it's fine.
    That could be what's causing the problem with FO.

Kdjac, told me he's given you a link for v1.38 of FO in zip format.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Placebo
    Counter strike...

I'll Counter Strike you!

Shocking I didnt patch a server ! I'll get around to it.

As for the link to the Fo zip it was on some guys dsl and was crawling, get me a link, a nice fast one.

As for tribes, theres no linux version for 1 and I had a tribes2 server up for a good while unused.

AwP got linkage ?

I'll gather the suggestions on friday and put it 2 the vote over the weekend, what ever wins gets a server for july anyway, if its popular its stays. Suggester gets op's and its up to them then.

There's no rush with the patch, but i'm pretty sure that installer you have for FO will work with the patch installed.
    I'm trying to find a faster link for the zip version of the latest patch.
    I'll post info later.

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

A Red Orchestra server possably? its a bloody good game. Alien Swarm is another excellent UT2k4 mod worth getting.

Alien Swarm server would be a waste to be honest.
    It's absolutely brutal in public play.
    I've offered in other threads to let people play AS on our clan server, all you need to do is pop by irc and ask, either you'll find some people to play with or if the server isn't being used we'll lock it for you and you can play.

Red orchestra i wouldn't mind either, but i think there's more interest in Frag Ops.
    We'll see with the vote i guess.

Killian

Ok, Rev i've managed to get a hold of someone that's hosting the full v1.38 version of Frag Ops in zip format, so should just be a simple unzip instead of messing about with those beloved loki installers. :)

You can get the full zip here.

The individual zip files from full version 1.36 and patch 1.37 and patch 1.38 are here too.

Cheers,

Killian

• Advertisement

I knew i should have Pmed you last week.

:)

kdjac

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169576

I'm sure Frag ops is already the winner, but sure u never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I voted for "other" as thats what I would like to see :)

An Irish HOB server . I think its a game with great "fun" potential aswell as some good fragging.

Either that or , if you already have or had a COD server , to convert it to HOB .

anyways , what would I know .

John.

Stick your 'other' suggestion in the thread in the roleplaying forum, I only want to look in one place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Rev Hellfire is there any chance you could update PunkBuster for Enemy Territory - it's not the happiest of programs it keeps on kicking me and I've played on many servers with EtPro and PB and had 0 probs. I keep on getting a long litany of pop-ups complaining about the fact that the PB on the server is an older version - and then it kicks me:).

I've restarted the ET server which should update punkbuster, if you're not sortted by this PM here on boards or catch me in #hiv on quakenet. If you dont see me there ask, I'm a known multinick :p

Advertisement