Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an Escape

Options
  • 24-06-2004 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

what sort of hands do you find difficult to get away from and why? Some of the ones I find really difficult to fold, perhaps unless I'm on the bubble are:

Preflop
    KK v AA
    You put a big raise in with KK and someone comes back over the top, there's only one hand out there that has you beat.

Flop
    Flopped Set v Higher Flopped Set
    Ah ... the flopped set, difficult to spot and what are the odds someone else has one!?

2 Card Flush v Higher 2 Card Flush
    I can put these down sometimes but once again what are the odds?

Alex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Alright Alex ??

Once ever I put down KK. Merrion €100 freezeout. After about twenty minutes I get them and raise. This auld fellow in the corner calls and then a young guy goes all in. Its the first hand he played and he's shaking like a leaf. I mucked the KK and the old guy mucked what he said was QQ. Later on the young guy told me he had aces but it wasn't the most difficult read. Course he may have had ****!!

Still I would rarely drop them. And as for a set on the flop. Two outs job, out of my chair and out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I ran into a higher set on the flop a couple of weeks back in the fitz. trip 10's finds trip hooks. horrible. but there's fuq-all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Marq
    I ran into a higher set on the flop a couple of weeks back in the fitz. trip 10's finds trip hooks. horrible. but there's fuq-all you can do.
    The way players play in the fitz there's no way of gauging that somone has the top set when you have a set. You'd bet with the set, get reraised all in and call. Nobody respects reraises unless its final table time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

In most tournaments around Dublin the money isnt deep enough to fold any of these hands. Ive folded K's twice and a set to a higher set once as well, but in general these are hands that you cant get out of.

I rarely run into higher flushes as I dont tend to play low suited connectors

daragh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Had a mad run in the €20 in the Fitz last Sunday. Picked up 9 pocket pairs in 10 hands, JJ, TT, KK, KK, JT, 33, JJ, 66, TT and KK. Should have had a mountain of chips but the Cowboys got cracked three times running and wound up having to re-buy twice. Had opponents all in preflop with them too so wasnt even a case of folding them at any stage. Head was melted after it and went out when my AQ didn't hold up against 99 first hand after the break. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement