Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking out a piercing

• 24-06-2004 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering, how long can I take a piercing out for before the hole starts to close. The idea is, I want to get my ear an eyebrow pierced, but the school has an anti-piercing policy. Would I be able to take the piercing out in the mornings and put it back in when I leave. It'd be out from about half eight in the morning until about half three in the afternoon. Would that be OK? Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

if its an ear lobe it should be alright to take out by september. an eyebrow would close up in the space of an hour or so. you could use fishing line to keep it open but messing around with it every day is likely to bring on rejection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It was the top of the ear. Will that make a difference? How long would I have to leave the eyebrow jewellery in for before it'll stop closing so quickly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

dunno what the rules in your school are like, but in mine people used to just put small plasters over and visable piercings

I'd say that's what I'll do for the first while but eventually they'll cop on and they'll make me take it out. That's why I want to know will I be able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

my helix (top of the ear) piercing stays open for days, so it shouldn't be a problem once you have it in at night. no idea about eyebrow, but had you considered getting a retainer - you can get some that are hardly noticable.

• Advertisement

Sorry but what's that? How much would it cost to get the top of my left ear done twice in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

the top of your ear takes longer to heal, mine was alright after a a couple of months, i think. eyebrows are real delicate and messing with it is likely to make it reject. i'm not too sure if they make curved retainers, nowhere had them 3 or 4 years ago anyways and the straight ones were too wide for the standard size of eyebrow piercing jewellery. i suppose it depends on if your willing to get it pierced at a bigger size and have a bigger risk of losing it. i'm not too sure how long it'll stay open without jewellery but i'm guessing not very long even if its a well healed one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

pfft eyebrow, have it done for 3years, 4times, took it out for a year and a have, the 2 i tried to put back in just poped in , both open perfectly, a year later,
    there somit about me though, my labret has been out about 8months now and i can still fit a 1.2mm bar in but not the 1.6mm

mind you i had both piercings in for a very long time before i could go ****in about with them like this,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nevin

Well lads ,

i took the piercing outof my lip and it closed ina few hours after i'd had it doen formonths ..)-;
    so you'd be safer just covering it up

Advertisement