Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APOLOGY - I switched back to €ircon

Options
  • 24-06-2004 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

I wish to apologise to everyone, but I have switched my calls back to €ircon even though I hate their guts!!

I was with Esat BT on their Advantage Plus service which suited me fine for a while, I was making a lot of local calls (to dial up an access number for my international calling card) and definitely got my monies worth out of the the €25 per month. But now I am using Swiftcall Home for my international calls which requires me dialing an access code, then dialing the international number, thus no local calls anymore. Anyway, Esat would not offer me a 'normal' package where I just pay for the calls I make. I tried lots of other phone companies, they all had great rates but they all wanted Direct Debit which I am totally against (reluctantly accepted it with Esat BT).

Taking everything into account €ircon's 'talktime' packages seem like the best deal. Now I pay €30 a month (inc line rental) which gives me 300 mins off peak and 120 to 'phone a friend'. The line rental is usually about €26 a month so I am paying about 4 quid for 7 hours of calls. Plus I pay the bill when I want with no nasty surprises coming out of my account. Pretty good deal methinks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Originally posted by HelterSkelter
    But now I am using Swiftcall Home for my international calls which requires me dialing an access code, then dialing the international number, thus no local calls anymore.

Wouldn't you be cheaper off by using Vartec for your calls? They'll send a bill, if you want. And you could then use the vulnerable user package from Eircom. But I am only second guessing here.

We've a list of all the Telcos' website links and telephone numbers on comwreck's "TD user guide"

P.

TD-eircom.gif

Advertisement