Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News Guy on Today FM Soon.

Options
  • 24-06-2004 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just a note to say a Fox News presenter will be "debating" the Bush legacy with someone from the
    Anti-war alliance sometime between now and 7 pm
    on Matt Coopers Last Word on Today FM.

It might be fun! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

What frequency is that on?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

please be Bill Oreily , that guy is so much of an idiot he's funny .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

By 'Debating' I presume you mean avoiding the issues, calling Al Franken a freak, stating that Fox does show dissenting views and thatultimately we're all a shower of whinging leftie bastards just 'cos we take issue with most of what Uncle Rupert and his political buddies have to say...

I think I'll give it a miss - people in passing cars might think I've lost it if they see me yelling the word c*** at my radio repeatedly...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I know this has been posted before, but it just has to be seen again: http://blugg.com/stuff/foxs_view_of_the_bbc_player.htm

:D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    What frequency is that on?

Nick

101-102 FM

I expect a screaming match myself after a couple of mins of polite jousting...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

FREQUENCY: 100-102FM

Slightly off topic but there's some completly crap dance music on 101.5

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

That Fox News link is frightening ... If thats the news content the american public are subjected to then I can see how Bush can do as he pleases ...

http://www.todayfm.com/article.asp?id=15131

listen here its on in 3 mins.

Mike.

That Fox link is bad. I knew it was biased but this is just out of control!

Nick

• Advertisement

Cal Thomas is the Foxy Baby...Kieron Fallon is the trot.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

This guy is nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

This guy is nuts!

Which one?

Okay - first up, I can't hear this interview,but I'm a-thinking there's one weakness with it - the presence of the..er..Trot.

Matt Cooper is quite good at doing the quiet spoken,disarming thing. Justin Barrett made a right tit of himself a few weeks ago, and Cooper didn't have to much at all - he just let him rampble.

With Cooper and the anti-war guy, you run the risk of allowing the Fox guy to go on the complete defensive. He would probably make a bigger ass of himself if he was only being 'attacked' by one person...

somebody might post the best bits here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

The fox guy he made alot of sweeping generalisations in regards to the islamic people. Seems like the most annoying person you could ever meet.

Clearly Cal Thomas has a shakey grasp of European history circa WW2. Not the raging argument I was hoping for!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Omg its like the hunt for the Communists all over again:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭earwicker

My favourite: "A war is coming to Ireland...."

There is an argument to be made for the US policy regarding Iraq/Saddam but its a pity the Irish media tends to play up the the expectation of the listener by inviting frothing fools like Cal Thomas and Anne Coulter.

Thomas stuff about Mosques being a conduite for Islamic infiltration was a bit much. Finsbury Park was an exception not the rule.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

yeah kieran allen do you mean hes as power hungry as bush....

presenters who wear flllllllllaaaagggggs on their lapels...!

btw today fm don't archive there shows do they can't find a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Cal Thomas is one of the worst presenters on Fox News..his show is un-watchable at least Bill O'Reilly is entertaining even though he is a pompous ass....and I looked at that link, what about it is so wrong?...The BBC isn't concerned about reporting news they are concerned with reporting their own agenda and often choose to ignore the facts. Plus please note this clip is taken from a segment on the show called "My Word" in which the presenter give his own opinion which he is fully entitled to..such as The BBC is. Gibson is also one of Foxes poor reporters Greta Van Sustern, Alan Colmes and Judge Napolatano being the best in MY opinion. Hannity Blows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

anyone who missed the interview can here it here in the link below it is roughly thrity minutes into the file

http://www.radioireland.ie/lastword/2462004-17.wmv

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by Magnolia_Fan
    Plus please note this clip is taken from a segment on the show called "My Word" in which the presenter give his own opinion which he is fully entitled to..such as The BBC is.

granted the my word is opinion, but when broadcasting you cannot make wild assumptions and lay vicious attacks on people like Gibson is prone to. You can think it, but you cannot say it. 'frothing at the mouth Anti-Americanism'?? Whatever the BBC is guilty of, it aint that.
    And yes, Hannity does suck... the chapter on him in Lies and the lying liars is so funny, he is really just this weak little gimp while Colmes is his loud and arrogant master, beating him around the place every night... sorry for that visual...

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by daveirl
    Actually for those who might be interested that "My Word " segment that was linked to above was critized by Ofcom [The UK TV Regulator]

Of course John Gibson wasn't going to let it rest at that.

1) The UK Investigates John Gibson
    This is his first response and the man doesn't get a paragraph in before making a mistake. He claims that the verdict was rendered him on by the British Government, now I know I'm nitpicking a little bit, but to me British Government at the very least means the person making the ruling would be an MP and in all likelyhood a cabinet minister, but anyway it goes on.

2) Proud to Be Censured by the British Government
    What a tool, the man won't admit when he's wrong. Well at least he's now revised it to "censured by an agency of the British government." presumably someone pointed out that he was wrong in his first reponse.

Apparently he is a BBC fan "I listen to the BBC World Service, and I hear the anti-Americanism dripping from every elongated syllable in every story about Bush, Iraq or America."

3) Reaction to BBC Bashing
    At least he finally got something right when he said that the "view held in much of Britain that Americans went off their rocker a few years ago when George W. Bush was elected president." :D

Well I'd stick by the fact it was his own opinion and he's entitled to it...and I would be one of those who agrees that the BBC is anti-American..I formed my opinion when I saw one of their newscasts in which they did a piece on U.S Troops in Iraq intimidating Iraqi civillians which seemed a bit bogus then it was followed up with coverage of a re-inactment of the Wright bro's flight and then they went off on a rant showing Fighter jets and explaining how America turned Planes into a symbol of destruction etc.. that sealed my opinion on them....And Colmes is at least rationale!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thanks for those links, daveirl. I didn't know that there had been a follow-up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by fcddunne
    anyone who missed the interview can here it here in the link below it is roughly thrity minutes into the file

http://www.radioireland.ie/lastword/2462004-17.wmv

OMG the guy is a total racist loon. Claiming that Islamic people are the enemy of the world and are inflitrating via mosques.

Originally posted by daveirl
    What about "fair and balanced", opinions aren't fair and balanced. The fact his he used lies to back up his opinion.

If Colmes is so rational why doesn't he stick it to Hannity.

He doesn't stick it to Hannity because he has too much integrity....The News is supposed to be fair and Balanced and at the speed of live lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I watched hannity and colmes a few times, and that show alone is enough to show anyone just how utterly full of crap fox news are, not to mention devoted to their agenda.

Anytime a person with opposing views or someone criticizing bush is invited on the show they are constantly-

-interrupted
    -spoken over
    -cut off
    -shouted at
    -insulted personally
    by hannity.

They can hardly get a word in while hannity repeats his claptrap rhetoric, outright lies, exagerations and half-truths (when the lie is too outrageous).

You can even see it with Right Wing talkers. If a more moderate one levels even SLIGHT criticism at Bush, its usually, oh thank you for talking to us, show must end etc etc. Or, shifting the issue quickly to something else.

Its typical of fox news really. It makes me sick to think that this is what 50% of the tv watching american public digest as news. No WONDER they are ignorant and support such ridiculous policies.

I have to wonder why colmes even bothers going on the show. I think he is more dangerous than hannity because his presense is probably what convinces the more "moderate" american that the show is INDEED about left and right debate. But if you look at the airtime given to one side compared to the other side, its really just another fox crap propaganda tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

From our HQ in New York
    Lying to you at the speed of light
    The No1 news source America Distrusts

Fox News ! Fair............and Biased

Advertisement