Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to play (astro or anything)

• 24-06-2004 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi

Haven't played soccer since I was 12/13 (about 7 years ago) it was fun and it's probably still fun. I quit for lazy reasons unknown.. cough.

I may be very very s**t atm but I reckon I'm still a good passer and I'm not "unfit". I'm looking for somewhere to play, in some team but I don't really know anyone who plays. I'd probably manage in Division 35 or so.

If there are no teams then perhaps we (us who don't have one but want to play) should set one up to play in astro.ie or in something else if there are other options?

I'm not that tall but I've got a mohawk k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

How tall are we talking here, 3 ft ? If so you could maybe audition for the new Willy Wonka film instead. *The Oompa-Loompas all have mohawks. ;)

*I may have made this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We could always just organise a regular game in the astro park for everyone whos interested, anyoe like to organise it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.astro.ie <westland rovers bst team ever :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Astro Park Summer League is half way throught the season at the moment so unless somebody just organised a one off match between say 10 players or something similar you would have to wait until the winter league starts up.

I'll say this though, it's an absolute nightmare trying to organise a team every week! I have a team in the Tallaght Astro Park Friday night league. and it can be a right pain trying to organise 7 players to play every week! What with injuries and prior engagements and the like. And that's just trying to get people I actually know to play!! So I'd reckon if somebody was to organise a Boards.ie team that it could quite possibly be a nightmare to organise!

But it is great craic and it's a great way to get fit.

B.

I was thinking of just a few games amongst ourselves, you never know from there, we could end up with a decent team to enter the winter league. Im living in tallaght so id definately be interested in a few games .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As would I. Even though I'm dangerously unfit and never was any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I would be up for a game or too. People use to say i was better the Pele.........they did.........ok thats a lie :( But i dont know if i would be able to get to Astro Park, where is that?

its at the tallaght end of the greenhills road.

I play indoor on a saturday and people call me the roy keane of the inddor.*

* think i might have been talking to myself at the time, but that still counts...........................................doesnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Originally posted by Space Coyote
    How tall are we talking here, 3 ft ? If so you could maybe audition for the new Willy Wonka film instead. *The Oompa-Loompas all have mohawks. ;)
    *I may have made this up

I'm 5'8 but I don't want to audition for willy wonka. I want to play soccer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by melachi
    I'm 5'8 but I don't want to audition for willy wonka. I want to play soccer :P

5'8 eh , well at least the boards team would have a target man .

• Advertisement
Advertisement