Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN and Eircom bulls**t

Options
  • 24-06-2004 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Eircom have told a friend of mine that they can send a fax, make a voice call and connect to the internet at the same time using an isdn2 line.

My understanding is that you can only do two of the three at the same time.

Interestingly they told him that he needed an extra box to do this for which they want €145.

I think they are talking about an eicon diva terminal adapter but surely this will still only allow 2 calls at a time.

Am I going mad or are they bulls**ting again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

2 outta 3 is absolutely correct.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

HOw much does it cost to get a ISDN line installed? Can you cancel it after you have it installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

It costs €120 to upgrade a normal telephone line to ISDN, plus you need a compatabible modem.

I can thoroughly reccomend it having suffered greatly with my ordinary dial up, although getting 46.6, I was getting dropped all the time,and now have a nice clean line,and 128k for those large downloads.

Broadband is never going to be an option in these parts at the moment and for the forseeable future. There is a minimum connection period for ISDN,whereby you will be charged if you cancel within,but to be honest I have not checked it out,as I do not see myself downgrading at any point,unless by some miracle they enable my local exchange.

The extra phone number is great too,as I have 2 Sky boxes hooked up,but used to have to disconnect them to surf,and usually forgot to reconnect them,leading to numerous letters from Sky.

The connection is almost instant too,it only takes two seconds,no more screeching and squaking and waiting on line for verification as your minutes tick by.

I also managed to wrangle a €40 refund from Eircom, as they were two days over the 10 day limit period for installing!!

The only negative side was it took 6 days to get my Anytime account reconfigured to accept the second number.

You can get the ISDN modems much cheaper if you shop around rather than using the Eircom site,but to my cost I got the Eicon diva from their site-I hadn't the time to hit the shops!

Advertisement