Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish peple are the ugliest in EU - official

• 24-06-2004 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Heard on the radion this morning that Irish people were voted ther ugliest in the EU in an international survey.
    I agree to be honest. I also think however that we compensate with personality.
    Look at the penalty shootout on the telly! hahaha Beckham's ****ing eejit.
    This is the same radio statuiion that said the esb might go on strike btw, and that seems to have been rubbish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

this game is just too much...and i cant even go to sports and holler..

((portugaaaaaaal))))

theyre going home..theyre going home..englands going home
    Irish people ugly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by keu
    theyre going home..theyre going home..englands going home
    Irish people ugly?
    on the inside perhaps...

wooooohooooooo
    I don't really care
    they're going home..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

irish people are ugly? pffff:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

That was a readers digest survery...hardly 'official' How can somthing like Ireland being the ugliest be official anywho ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

not the very ugliest :eek:

here's my ranking :)

sweden
    norway
    italy
    spain
    holland
    france
    denmark
    england
    ireland
    greece
    germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

So, Pierce Brosnan is James Bond. Because he is ugly and Irish ?..

As for the big game. I have to say that I was taken back to the 60's when England won the World Cup. Tonight I watched a field full of heroes on both sides, but Portugal had the edge in the end, and England suffered an honourable defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Originally posted by MrNuked
    Heard on the radion this morning that Irish people were voted ther ugliest in the EU in an international survey.
    The Radion?
    I wouldn't trust the opinion of a washing powder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Irish people were voted ther ugliest in the EU - some photographic evidence

http://www.boards.ie/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=501&password=

:D
    CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

OMFG, what a bunch of ugly cnuts!!!

Take a look at that Raphael guy, Surprised he didnt break the cam......

Fuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Yes this is why when we go abroad we are mistaken for English people.

Given that we mostly speak English and that most English speakers in the world are American why aren't we mistaken for yanks?

No - we tend to be short, ugly and have bad teeth (and speak English) therefore confused with Brits.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by pork99
    No - we tend to be short, ugly and have bad teeth (and speak English) therefore confused with Brits.
    Ah well if you're going to go for a stereotypical view, we also aren't that fat, don't wear silly hats, aren't all that loud and don't point at everything saying how thoroughly wunnerful it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

What a goalkeeper! - Saves the penalty with his bare hands then scores the winning penalty.

There's many an eastern european country that has far greater quantities of ugly people than Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, many Irish people look deformed but in fairness, I've seen plenty of ugly people abroad as well. I think you focus more on the good-looking people abroad as they look more unusual than good-looking people at home whereas ugly is always just ugly.

What a goalkeeper! - Saves the penalty with his bare hands then scores the winning penalty.
    class!
    did you notice the very beautiful portugese women in the stands...crying..oh..so emotional I cried with them.
    Sniff...the beautiful game.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

people saying irish people are ugly?

i am sex on leg's, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There's many an eastern european country that has far greater quantities of ugly people than Ireland
    Not in my experience.
    Eastern European women are the finest I have seen on my travels.
    Polish women are the tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The rest of Europe eat better...

I seen very few overweight people on recent trips to Spain and Italy.

Then when I come back to Dublin all I see are horribly overwieght young women, and so many of them wear clothes that let the belly all hang out... it's very unappealing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

who knows what is ugly?? usually people find other people who are totally different in their appearance to them very good looking, like i love chinese men and im fascinated by them ,because they are so different to me--they have sallow skin and slanted eyes and straight sleek hair ,whereas i have darker skin (half african), curly hair and bigger eyes. its all in perspective you know??. also as a country ireland is much smaller compared to other european countries so obviously there is a greater probability in a bigger country of finding a good-looking person (in your opinion that is).......and really its all in the eye of the beholder...i mean i have no clue why girls like brad pitt so much..i have not an ounce of sexual attraction towards him.....whereas i would find the guy out of ''donnie darko'' irresistible......

display.cgi?path=brad&img=bp048.jpg
    dont like

details.php?image_id=153&sessionid=e2d588936f62fb415f0568e4572a1892
    i LIKE !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

shallow gene pool sums it up imo, too many papal dispensations given out for kissing cousins.

The influx of foreign bloodlines in the last few years should help purty us up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Try this for a "rough" cross-section

http://www.mingers.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Miss World is Irish:D

Originally posted by p.pete
    Miss World is Irish:D

Yeah, she does that typically Irish thing of over-doing it with make up - that's not a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by simu
    Yeah, she does that typically Irish thing of over-doing it with make up - that's not a good thing.
    I suppose you'll hold that against the Corr's too? poor Jim would be nothing without his makeup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

rosanna dawson is nothing but makeup===the corrs are actually naturally pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

That survey is bullsh1t! Nobodys perfect! And not to sound like a lonely fat ugly b1tch (which im not) its not looks that matter.

he he he at England, i actually felt sorry for Beckham. none of the others just him. The last two portugeese penos were stylish. Anyway im off back to gloating around all the uk Call of Duty servers some more. :D

Originally posted by p.pete
    I suppose you'll hold that against the Corr's too? poor Jim would be nothing without his makeup...

No, the Corrs are nice-looking and the clothes and makeup they wear suits them. Many Irish people lack that sort of style imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've been in a lot of European countries and the surveys not far off the mark.
    But where you've got better weather people wear less clothes and try to make their body fitter looking and there not trying to find excuses why their fat, like we do in Ireland because the vast majority of people just don't care that much about appearence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement