Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeV's Bad Beat Corner.

Options
  • 24-06-2004 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

I think it is time we had a sticky for Dev's bad beats.

Hyzepher, can you sticky this please?

MrP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

lol
    Should we post them up as we see them or leave it to DeV's discretion?
    Or maybe should just let Kencleary post up his miracle river stories, they're often one and the same (tonights 2-5 making a flush on river against DeV's pair of aces being a prime example).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Perhaps the great man himself could be persuaded to record an audio book of one of the volumes. Wait, I only have 170 Gb free on this hard disk..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I demand this thread be stickied!

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've indexed them into "Bad Beat" and "Bad Luck" stories now. BB's are things like Ken getting 2 perfect cards in the cash game recently to make a higher two pair when everyone was declaring him to be drawing dead and BL's are cases like where my Ace high flush walked into Paddy who (bizzarrely) slow played Kings all the way to the river and picked up the King of Hearts (ironically the fifth heart I needed!).

I'll be releasing them in a book soon, Volumes 1-4 are expected by late summer.

Last night just pissed me off completely, I keep making good calls and getting all my chips in when I was ahead and then *poof* miracle cards send me packing. :dunno:

I'll take comfort in the saying about players who are outdrawn a lot but frankly I'd take more comfort in a big stack of cash.

DeV.

Advertisement