Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards down, mysql is crap

Options
  • 25-06-2004 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Its fixed. MySQL decided that the index on user.username just simply wasn't important again.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

*scream* and some file corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

test

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

test reply

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Rock on!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That was close. I nearly had to do some work today without boards to browse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

wow, proper ****ed.

could mysql falling over all the time have anything to do with the sheer size of the DB? maybe its time to archive some of the older posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Its a bit ridiculous at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I got so much work done today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by bazH
    Its a bit ridiculous at this stage

Shut the fuck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Regi says oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by Regi
    Its fixed. MySQL decided that the index on user.username just simply wasn't important again.

Thats what you get for giving the server AI. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by amp
    Shut the fuck up.

WEll he is paying for a premium service here, with all the mod cons, he deservers better... on second thought I agree with Amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Man Time

I think maybe it's the reason my account went down too. I was registered as Time Man sine this week and then yesterday my account stopped working. A bit annoying but the guys do a decent enough job for a non professional web board

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

herbie.jpg

&

747-contrails.jpg

That is all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Man Time

Ha Ha, that's pretty good but I'm afraid it's not me. He's in the office next door about to go home while I'm still slaving away. He owns the channel, I merely work for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Regi
    *scream* and some file corruption.

How does that sort of thing happen on a BSD system (bar an unexpected lack of power)? What FS does it use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

When you loose a disk ... Which happened and Longword from h365 saved the day.

I'd agree with Stephen, perhaps its time to start archiving 2+ year old threads.

Aswell as that we've got VB3 on a busy site and the db structure seems better, it doesn't compare to boards in visits but its growing nicely :)

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Asok
    herbie.jpg

&

747-contrails.jpg

That is all!
    Heh, there's even a little muppet in the ickle herbie

Advertisement