Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HIM Thread

• 25-06-2004 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Feel free to hit/kick me if there's already a thread dedicated to the best band in the world, but I haven't seen one around, so here it is!
    For the poor souls who haven't encountered the band HIM, they're a Finnish band consisting of Ville Valo (vocals), Migé Amour (bass guitar), Lily Lazer, also known as Linde (lead guitar), Gas Lipstick (drums) and Emerson Burton (keyboards).

Some useful links to feed/start your heartagram obsession:
    http://www.heartagram.com
    http://www.himonline.tv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Ziggy-Stardust
    Feel free to hit/kick me if there's already a thread dedicated to the best band in the world

No, now that you mention it, there hasn't been a thread about Opeth for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Hmm HIM or Opeth..such a hard decision...OPETH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

For the poor souls who haven't encountered the band HIM, they're a Finnish band consisting of Ville Valo (vocals), Migé Amour (bass guitar), Lily Lazer, also known as Linde (lead guitar), Gas Lipstick (drums) and Emerson Burton (keyboards). [/url]

Wow! I feel like I know them already. Thanks for the useful info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Hmmm, the name sounds vaguely familiar but I'm not remembering any of their songs...

Are they big in Germany by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

best band in the world lets not go nuts best band from finland sounds more like it, actually ONLY band from finland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Dathai
    Hmm HIM or Opeth..such a hard decision...OPETH!!!
    Opeth or In Flames............... a genuinely VERY hard choice, In Flames nab it tho :rolleyes:

As for 'only band in finland', you forgot 4 superb bands there, namingly:
    Children of Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Sinergy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Opeth are awesome!!!! HIM on the otherhand are pants. By the way is it HIM or H.I.M?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

Yes, HIM are really good! My favourite song is "join me", although it's been around for a good while now. Guano Apes are better though imo.
    Are they big in Germany by any chance?
    Ya, that's how i got to know them... from watching german music tv channels. Viva, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 museslave

man HIM suck... they r jus terrible... lets b honest most of their fans are little girls and boys that only like them because of their connection wit bam margera

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i forced myself to watch one of their videos (maybe two, it all ran together) on tv and it was awful... awful stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I wondered about that. Thought it was a bit more than a coincidence about the Bam Magera and HIM logo. Whats the story there?

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Opeth or In Flames............... a genuinely VERY hard choice, In Flames nab it tho :rolleyes:

As for 'only band in finland', you forgot 4 superb bands there, namingly:
    Children of Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Sinergy.

I am a very very big fan of In Flames but since the Opeth idea had been put forth I felt it not right to deny the decision of an Opeth thread,although an In Flames thread would be very nice also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Are they big in Germany? ...
    Ya, that's how i got to know them... from watching german music tv channels. Viva, etc.

You see, that was a trick question. William Shatner, David Hasselhoff and the Kelly Family are all big in Germany. You've just put HIM in the same league ... of course, maybe that was your intention.

Originally posted by hostyle
    You see, that was a trick question. William Shatner, David Hasselhoff and the Kelly Family are all big in Germany. You've just put HIM in the same league ... of course, maybe that was your intention.

I think there should be some sort of rule akin to Godwin's Law about bringing up David Hasselhoff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

hostyle

I can't believe you'd lump Hasselhoff in with the likes of HIM and the Kelly Family. He'd piss all over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Did you hear? Hasselhoff has done a song with Ice Cube \o/

Lol David Hasselhoff and Ice Cube!!!Hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ziggy-Stardust

Originally posted by weemcd
    best band in the world lets not go nuts best band from finland sounds more like it, actually ONLY band from finland

HEY! Finland has loads of other great bands like 69 Eyes, Negative, New Dawn Foundation and NOT, I repeat NOT the bloody Rasmus.

Gah, what's with all the anti-HIM backlash in the last few months? Have you even HEARD their earlier albums or looked at their lyrics? Yeah, unfortunately there are a new gang of 'Lyk OmG Bam MaRgErA LiKeS THeM so deY MUst ROCKKKkkkK' fans, but the rest of us have been into them for years when they were underground and like them for their lyrics, vocals and damn good music. And the fact that Ville's the hottest thing since Vindaloo doesn't hurt. Did I just undermine my whole argument by exposing how shallow I really am with that last sentence? I do believe I did. Bah humbug.

HEY! Finland has loads of other great bands like 69 Eyes, Negative, New Dawn Foundation and NOT, I repeat NOT the bloody Rasmus.

rofl

I love the rasmus, they make me smile :)

• Advertisement

Gah, what's with all the anti-HIM backlash in the last few months? Have you even HEARD their earlier albums or looked at their lyrics? Yeah, unfortunately there are a new gang of 'Lyk OmG Bam MaRgErA LiKeS THeM so deY MUst ROCKKKkkkK' fans, but the rest of us have been into them for years when they were underground and like them for their lyrics, vocals and damn good music. And the fact that Ville's the hottest thing since Vindaloo doesn't hurt. Did I just undermine my whole argument by exposing how shallow I really am with that last sentence? I do believe I did. Bah humbug.

I actually own one of their album's and to be quite honest I got very bored of it VERY fast.
    Right now I just wouldn't rate them.

Finland has produced so many bands that are far better, as Pugsley already mentioned, Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Sinergy, Sonata Arctica, and loads more. Lets not forget Finntroll either!

Originally posted by Mordeth
    rofl

I love the rasmus, they make me smile :)

Heh, they make me laugh. But for all the wrong reasons.
    I used to like them, but they completely changed once they got big ;)

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    I actually own one of their album's and to be quite honest I got very bored of it VERY fast.
    Right now I just wouldn't rate them.

Finland has produced so many bands that are far better, as Pugsley already mentioned, Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Sinergy, Sonata Arctica, and loads more. Lets not forget Finntroll either!

BUT...BUT ...gah I suppose you have a right not to like them. Be careful though, say more about them and I'll make it my personal mission to convert you to the fellowship of the heartagram. You have been warned. God I'm annoying.

Ditto Holocaust, Hanoi Rocks, Bloodpit, The Extremist and Vicious ****.

Be careful though, say more about them and I'll make it my personal mission to convert you to the fellowship of the heartagram. You have been warned.

Excuse me if I sneer, but I doubt that's ever going to happen.

HIM suck.

Dont forget
    Amorphis, Celesty, Charon, Ensiferum, Entwine, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Lordi, Poisonblack, Silentium, Stratovarius, Virtuocity

you just googled "finland" and "Metal" didn't you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

oh man are him poor,he looks sick : and the songs are all the same,it was ok to start but you have to evolve,CoD and co fly the finish flag imo

Originally posted by Mordeth
    you just googled "finland" and "Metal" didn't you

Nein.....twas in my mates house and shes from Sweden and she is really into Scandinavian metal so we got out her collection and just picked out whatever we could from Finland tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Lets not forget Finntroll either!

Hell yeah, hail the kings of folk metal tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What about Sentenced and Sonata Arctica.

Speaking of Sentenced, HIM are a total Sentenced rip off.

Advertisement