Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HIM Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

im shelling out €200 for a download ticket and to be honest they're the reason i'll be there, and I'm a filth poor student. They better not get booed off a la linkin park at metallica, black sabbath prob cheer me up though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

No, now that you mention it, there hasn't been a thread about Opeth for a while.

haha true x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

From the HIM songs that ive heard (being 6 or 7), all i can say is "whats all the damn fuss about?". I tried to get into them cos apart from bam pushing them, Metal Hammer (which is gone crap these days) had them on the front cover how many times? And if they werent on the front cover, they had massive sections for them every 2nd issue. So i automatically thought they must be something special.

But they are soooo weak. There is nothing about them that makes them stand out from the crowd. Theyre good musicians but not great, villes voice is fairly dodgy and the songs are repetitive. I just dont know how they got so big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I bought an album. listened to it. Blew it up. They are repeditive and boring to be quite brutally honest.

HIM are in so many issues on Metal Hammer its not funny!

Sorry but why the **** did you bump a thread 9 months old?

You don't bump old threads its ****ing annying!

I would have moaned yes. as with everything you do. check out punk btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

hostyle wrote:
    You see, that was a trick question. William Shatner, David Hasselhoff and the Kelly Family are all big in Germany. You've just put HIM in the same league ... of course, maybe that was your intention.

lets be completely honest, if you were in a band, would you really want to be big in germany, given their taste in music there?
    Come to think of it, has there ever benn a Mastodon thread???
    Or a lamb of god one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

has there ever benn a Mastodon thread???
    Or a lamb of god one??

there was a Mastodon one a while back, and I seem to remember something about Lamb of God...

"If I had of started another HIM thread someone else(or even you) would have moaned that there were HIM thread already and would have told me to search instead of making new threads all the time."

The solution, no more HIM threads, ever! :rolleyes:

Whats the average age of the people in attendance at this concert? 14?

Yeah, in some tragic cases, people don't grow out of bad taste. :rolleyes: Personally, I'm going to bet the place was packed to the roof with mini-rockers, and the over-eighteens thing means nothing, as there are few venues that an under-eighteen can't get into.

Like a certain concert this summer ;). but on topic HIM suck major balls

to annoy you. and to repeat my point. you and HIM suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Well, personally I think HIM suck. They're very moany, they just complain about tragic love. There is more to life than love. Although, I do like one of their songs, 'Wicked Game', but then again it's not orignally theirs. My boyfriend absoloutly loves HIM, so I have to put up with them. But then I stole his new HIM hoodie because it's big and warm so bwhaha.

• Advertisement

How the hell are you getting away with that signature? is it the sole reason boards is so slow for me today? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60479
    All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

* For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

Please make sure that your signature DOES NOT contain profanity, bigotry, racism, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others. While we do not come out and suggest that this site is "family friendly" in nature, we do not want this to be interpreted as an open floodgate for sensitive material. IF WE GET A COMPLAINT, IT WILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Please also make sure that your signature DOES NOT contain any nuisance links.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Hi leave her alone!!! She is on a galant quest to bring boards.ie to the worlds attention by making it only the third man made creation visible from the moon!

:D It's funny because it'd be true... Yes, *a certain concert* this summer will indeed kick large amounts of ass. And there will be under-eighteens present. Anyway, speaking of that, the HIM concert was in the Point wasn't it? Otherwise known as that place that have never checked ID's? Besides, this is the HIM thread. We're perfectly entitled to voice our derrogative opinions of HIM if we like. It's not as though we're going off topic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Please don't be asking us to like them based on the number of DVDs they have. Please. Just don't. Mmkay? It detracts greatly from whatever point you were trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i dont give flying fu<k what anyone else thinks of my taste in music but i have no shame whatsoever in saying I love HIM. I passed 18 a good few years back and there was a lot of over 18s at both concerts, although there was more young 'uns at the 2nd 1.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote:
    i dont give flying fu<k what anyone else thinks of my taste in music but i have no shame whatsoever in saying I love HIM. I passed 18 a good few years back and there was a lot of over 18s at both concerts, although there was more young 'uns at the 2nd 1.

true, but it got balanced cos there was a fair few wrinklys there too....

Roll on download! anyone know how much the dvd's gonna cost? approx €18 here

Advertisement